[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would someone still be with their boyfriend/girlfriend If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 8xslHL6.png (187KB, 407x418px) Image search: [Google]
8xslHL6.png
187KB, 407x418px
Why would someone still be with their boyfriend/girlfriend If they cause them so much stress and/or self hate? I know they can be scared of ending up alone but still. Is it their love for them? Or hope that things can get better?
>>
>>18553503
Because I'm in love with him. It's that simple.
>>
>>18553503
When you invest so much into something you'll try close to everything to make it work.
>>
>>18553503
I'd take a bullet for the person I care about. Why wouldn't you do anything to make shit work? One person in the relationship always tends to love the other more though.
>>
>>18553503

The people in our lives often act as outlets for our dysfunction. If a wife stays with a man that beats her its not because he has some kind of special quality that outweighs his negative ones but rather because she has some kind of inner dysfunction that requires she relive this trauma over and over again. Who the guy is doesn't really matter so much as what kind of guy he is; what role he plays in her inner struggle of dependence.

If someone is really attracted to dysfunction the people they bring into their lives are usually just pawns in their psychological game of compensation. In order to compensate for an inability to accept something alternate realities are subconciously created to convince the person that change is not only unnecessary but dangerous. Dysfunctional relationships exist because of inner struggles, not outer ones. The person may claim that they stay because of love or hope but really its just because their brains aren't capable of letting go of their deeply ingrained behavioral patterns. Inflicting pain on oneself is often a comfortable alternative to trying to break out of the pattern and become a new person.

It is a well documented psychological phenomena that all of us participate in to some varying degree.
>>
>>18553521
Hmm. I see. My friend is with this guy who has the attitude of a teenager. He'll make himself the victim and point to her for all the blame. He's even lacked wanting to spend time with her when she tries to hang out with him. She's done wrong in her part too and has apologized. Her boyfriend on the other hand never admits to anything.
>>
>>18553538
sounds like my boyfriend.
>>
>>18553531
I get that. I'm in love with someone who has used me sexually and fucked with me emotionally and mentally but I still care and love him. But to me I saw myself in him cause in a way he was like me. Although worse. And he has done good by me. I wish I stopped loving him romantically
>>
>>18553538
Just sounds like your average run-of-the-mill immature relationship between two young people that lack any sort of communication, bottle their issues, and let them out in little bursts of aggression.

Both parties are entirely at fault none more than the other
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.