[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am unable to feel euphoria. After two years of an intense school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: untitled.png (159KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
159KB, 278x181px
I am unable to feel euphoria. After two years of an intense school program and an exam period that completely drained me I got accepted into my dream university. When I got the results I felt a very mild sense of satisfaction and relaxation (that was short lived) but I was not euphoric. Everyone around me seemed ecstatic and I had to play along. Its weird because I worked my ass off to get in and sacrificed many things in those past two years. I just wasn't feeling any strong feeling at all. I have to clarify that I do not feel depressed as I am very happy with my life (friends, family, girls etc) and I am wondering why cant I feel the sweet rush of euphoria I had in the past?
>>
Not having played any game for 4 years but having my most euphoric times while playing games back in the days i had a small idea while reading your post, that you might also have overstimulated your feelings towards expectations and rewards. The point is that you have grinded hard to get this opportunity but it still just a university where the grinding will go on. I also never get this unexplainatory excitement once you reach something and people start to cheer at you like you have accomplished a miracle. In the end you are one unter thousand other people and your university will just start. Deep down you know that it has kind of just started.

People dont know shit most of the time about what you do and what you have done to reach a goal. Probably its their boring lifes that is beein pg brighten up by the success they never had.

In the end it wasnt lottery or luck. It is like work for you. For you it was a steady way, learning, exams and so on. You may even knew this way before getting the place. It was just a justification for your hard work. For them it is : my son send a letter and he got in with luck under all those other people, what a surprise - but was it really for you...
>>
>>18552217
>>18552217
Enjoyment stemming from the material world is ultimately unsatisfying, and even if some pleasure is derived from it the pleasure is temporary. Knowing this, don't seek to become happy by enjoying the fruits of your past karma, but instead search for happiness through spirituality by finding God within yourself.

"O Dhananjaya, rid yourself of all fruitive activities by devotional service, and surrender fully to that consciousness. Those who want to enjoy the fruits of their work are misers."
(Bg 2.50)

"One whose happiness is within, who is active within, who rejoices within and is illumined within, is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme."
(Bg 5.24)
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.