[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Follow-up on >>18529703 tldr/greentext recap >me 32/m/USA/attorney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: aXm8721xjU.jpg (61KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm8721xjU.jpg
61KB, 650x650px
Follow-up on >>18529703
tldr/greentext recap
>me 32/m/USA/attorney
>her 30/f/CAN/former competitive dressage rider
>up to visit to see how we work together, considering moving in together
>have fight about her riding years, should have been minor
>she winds up berating me for nearly eight hours, says I'm useless, worthless, and threatens to break up with me
>I slip out the back while she's at work the next morning and make a run for the border
>leave a nasty letter

Looks like she's still pissed. The other day I texted her saying "Hey, just seeing if you're doing alright." She read the text and never responded.

I still haven't written anything to her parents. I'm probably not going to. As much as I liked them, it's not really appropriate for me to say anything since it'd just come across as trying to stir shit with her mom. The only thing I'd like to say is that they should pressure her to get worked up for sleep apnea. I figured out that was almost certainly a factor in her explosive temper, and was very likely a factor in her auto accident last year.

I guess I'm wondering how, if at all, I should say something. We were more or less best friends for at least three of the last five years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have some fondness and concern for her despite my ending our friendship.
>>
>>18551916
do not move in with her
>>
>>18551916
>>have fight about her riding years, should have been minor
>>she winds up berating me for nearly eight hours, says I'm useless, worthless, and threatens to break up with me
>>I slip out the back while she's at work the next morning and make a run for the border
>>leave a nasty letter
rofl you sound like teenager
>>
>>18551922
Oh don't worry about that. It's over. I ran for it.
>>
>>18551940
Eh. I figured better to leave quietly and avoid the girl calling the cops and lying that I hit her. Could've left with no letter, but I figured it'd save a confrontation later. It's not like we met up at a bar one night and this happened a week later. We'd been best friends for nearly five years before this happened. Ghosting her would've been a lot more complicated.
>>
>>18551916

What did you put in the chili? Personally I just go for heaps of chili powder, one heavily chopped up chili pepper (to add the occasional surprise zing), and a little cayenne pepper. Melt in 1 to 1 and a half squares of dark chocolate too, don't go any higher or the whole thing goes dark and gets a little goopy and while delicious does feel a little odd. With avocado on a sideplate, sour cream on the side, and grated cheese over the top
>>
>>18552103
Pretty similar. Chili powder, cumin, fresh garlic, touch of cayenne, couple teaspoons of dry oregano. I was going to add chocolate but forgot it. She was missing something else in her kitchen but I forget what.

Oh also I made a gumbo-type roux out of the fat that rendered from the meat. We both like fairly thick chili, and the roux helped. Plus saved having to skim the fat (or drain it).

As for serving, I just cut up some cheddar and mixed it in the bowls. She didn't have sour cream and I didn't feel like buying any. Italian bread was available for mopping, which I did.
>>
>>18552115

sounds delicious OP. also, leaving a nasty letter was retarded, you really fucked the boat on that one. you should have left a nice concise letter outlining the stuff you would've calmly said to her when leaving if you were willing to leave normally and risk her calling the cops and claiming you hit her

Also, it's a bit alarming you were worried that was something she would do.

Also, it seems like you don't respect her very much. I mean, I also wouldn't really have a lot of respect for someone who tried to tell me they got PTSD from doing dressage riding, but probably if i valued them and had lived with them for half a decade i'd tread very carefully in my response and try to get them to word it in a less retarded way, letting them know i was willing to talk it through but not if they were going to demand they get to call it undiagnosed PTSD. i'd like to think most mature couples would be able to navigate that conversation and reach a compromise but if she has an "explosive temper" as you say, i dunno, i don't have much advice to offer on that point since i've never really had to deal with that. i think if i dated someone with an explosive temper they'd either learn to control it within the first few months or we'd split up within the first few months. maybe your tolerance for her bullshit was too high all this time. probably good to take a break or even fully split up, but it's up to you
>>
>>18552137
>Also, it's a bit alarming you were worried that was something she would do.
Well. I'm a lawyer. I'm kinda supposed to worry about that sort of shit. But the unreasonableness of her outrage was such that I didn't know what to believe anymore.

As to my respect for her, you're right, I kinda was putting up with a lot and willing to take a lot. She hit one of my triggers with the PTSD thing though. I used to do defendant-side workers comp a lot. You get to know who's serious and who's faking/exaggerating. Her claim, with her explanation and her conduct, screamed bullshit to me. Maybe I could've explained that better. Maybe I could've been more sensitive. In any event that's not why we broke up. It was the reaction to the argument about PTSD. That was outrageous.

The letter, yeah, I could've been kinder.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.