[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i continue in a course i hate? i took up mass communication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: nn7jo.jpg (237KB, 677x921px) Image search: [Google]
nn7jo.jpg
237KB, 677x921px
should i continue in a course i hate?
i took up mass communication for a year in college since i had no idea on the direction of my life, it was fun and i excelled
a year later i get worried about my futue so i moved onto nursing and got delayed a year

now im a year and a half into nursing and God im miserable. the subject itself isnt hard but the conditions and environment are depressing.
i just simply dont enjoy the course, there are guys here i knowim atleast as smart as doing great but im barely holding an average of c+

saw a shrink the other day and she told me i was clinically depressed and moved me onto antidepressants
should i move back onto my old course?

im not too worried about getting a job immedietly since i always intended to get into either medicine or law, but the allure of a decent paying job and being independant from my parents (i plan on paying them back once i get a job) won me over.

shifting yet again will get me delayed another year though

what say you /adv/?
>>
Are you male? You sound male.

First things first: get a male therapist. Don't let some stupid cunt following a script give you pills. Find a therapist who is a man and who does not try to medicate you away. Never, ever see a female therapist.

Second, go for PA (physician assistant) instead of nurse. You'll help people more and clean up less shit, puke, and blood.

Third, everyone in communications is wasting time. That used to be what the football players majored in, because they were too stupid to do anything else. Then the SJW faculty took it over, because they were English majors and too dumb to get a job in any other field. Comms is the perfect storm of idiocy: avoid it at all costs.
>>
>>18551097

I'm going to give you a piece of advice that I wish I knew when I was younger. The key to being happy is finding a happy medium between making decisions that make you happy and decisions that are smart. Yes, nursing will always get you a job somewhere, but if you hate it or the classes, why do it? Find a college program that you enjoy and is actually viable to make you some money later.
>>
>>18551118
Yes im a dude
Theres only one decent college in my city and it doesnt offer that, also im already a year in nursing and masscom so if i switch to a third course not only will it look bad on transcript it will set me back yet another year, and i dont want to be delayed 3 years

The biggest reason i chose mass communications is because its an everything course, my uncle was in mass communications and hes a judge, the other mass com grad i know is my surgeon fathers colleague.
it had a whole load of things i was interested in. But the biggest thing is i did not have intention to get a job immediately. My parents are fairly well off but boy does the guilt feel heavy.

the therapist referred me to a psychologist. Im havent met em yet so i dont know if hes a guy or not.
>>
>>18551151
Jesus man im only fucking 19 and i felt like my life has been going nowhere , i guess its overreacting sure but the thought of being an even worse let down is quite depressing
>>
>>18551160

I don't think you're a let down, Anon. I think you're just your typical 19 year old and you do what all guys do your age. You second guess yourself and feel like every decision takes an eternity to pay off. Don't worry about the small thing, do what you enjoy, but make sure you can earn your keep doing it.
>>
>>18551097
I feel ya, I went into teaching because I enjoyed it at first and liked the fact I'd get so many holidays from it.
Now I'm 4 years in and realize I'm not really cut out for it but it's too late now. I'll have a degree in one more year and have zero money to restart.

So I suppose that's what you have to ask yourself. Do you have the money to restart from scratch on your degree? How deep in are you? If you're gonna graduate in year or less, then I'd say stick it out, get a shitty job you hate, power through to save up to do college 2.0 and get a better degree.
If you have the money and time, then drop it and get the degree you want now.
>>
>>18551168
thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on 4chan anon, thanks

>>18551193
2nd year first semester,
both course are 4 years long.
im 19 and my parents are a bit well off, but i hate to feel like a parasite y,know.

i know for a fact i could perform better in my old course. Which means that masscom would get me into a better college since i'd end up with better grades

God, the therapist gave me a medical certificate for depression, and fuck i feel like a whiney bitch.
The school gave me 2 weeks leave to sort my shit out.
what do
>>
>>18551217
Hah I understand completely. My parents are footing the bill for my college too and I felt bad enough that my degree was a 5 year degree as is (unless you actually believed the university when they said it was a 4 year degree to find the fine print of "btw to be done in 4 years you have to take 27 credit hours a semester" kek.) But I extended it a semester by changing my concentration and taking a couple classes that weren't otherwise in my degree but would help my professional development and give me a leg up on the 2000 other fuckers graduating with my same degree as we all flood the job market at the same time.
Feels bad to leech off my parents, but I know I would have never gone to school otherwise. Because I refuse to be in that much debt for the rest of my miserable life. Would rather live paycheck to paycheck with no prospect of ever advancing and owe nobody nothing than be in debt for 50 years.

And I too understand the stigma with depression. You never feel like you actually have a problem, you're just a whiney bitch whos no different from anyone else and yet you still just can't function the same way they do.

The other anon was very anti med, which I understand. Traditional antidepressants just replaced my emotional sickness with actual physical sickness.
Though I will say when I got on adderall for my ADD that actually did more for my depression than the fucking zoloft, lexapro, or paxil ever did. I got off all antidepressants after I got on the adderall.
But that's not very helpful for you I'm sure since adderall is not commonly prescribed for depression and is somewhat difficult to get a hold of. Still, the antidepressants did help me a little, it gave me a boost to get through until I found a better solution, so don't knock it till you try it at least.
Keep seeing your therapist, it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman it only matters if you feel like you can trust them and you feel comfortable with them.
>>
>>18551247

thats nice , but by the time im done ill have spent 6 years in college as a pre course
unless i dont shift and it stays at 5

all this opposed to 4

this is after the fact that still intend to go into law or medicine (leaning to law)
>>
>>18551593
boop
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.