[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been agnostic for the past 8 years and have finally decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1498052430068.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1498052430068.gif
2MB, 460x259px
I have been agnostic for the past 8 years and have finally decided to get back into the church soon. I am torn between the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox. Which one is better and why?
>>
Better how? They're pretty much the same shit.
>>
Might as well join Islam.
>>
>>18550171
Reform Judaism.
>>
>>18550171

God will show you the path to his grace.
>>
Why not research it, Catholics are more strict than Orthodox if I am correct
>>
Why would you intentionally choose to make yourself stupider by believing in pseudoscientific nonsense OP?

If you need to take an ascetic path, do it atheistically. If you need spirituality, take up zazen meditation minus the oriental trappings. If you need inspiration, listen to classical music, read classical literature and learn about philosophy or how the world actually works.

Try not to ideate about intellectual self harm again.
>>
>>18550764
>tipping intensifies
>>18550307
Do this OP, do some proper reading and see which, if any, is right for you
>>
>>18550766

Your god isn't real and never was. If all you have to say in response to accuse me of posting on reddit, not grooming my facial hair and wearing cringey clothes (as though even if I did any of those it would be a reflection on the clarity of what I have to say), then you're either an idiot, or you're ironically pretending to be an idiot.

Your holy book is riddled with continuity errors, calls to sickening violence and discrimination, pseudo science, historical errors and claims that show mental illness in the assertors.

Worse of all, though, is the fact that, at the base of it, your religion is based upon a very childish fear. The fear of death. It's nothing but a rationalisation for the child mind you have. A mind you have not allowed to mature. You will die. You will cease to exist and everything that you are will be gone. You cannot stop that, you will not endure, and no matter how you feel about this, this is reality. If you can't accept that fact, you will never finish the process of growing up.

It's your choice as to whether or not you want to stay a child, or try to be an adult.
>>
Would you mind describing what led you to this? I grew up around Christian family to varying degrees, seemed like the closer in generation to me the less devout they were with my mother completely giving up on organized religion but still very much into Jesus and such and me and the majority of my cousins being primarily agnostic theists. What made you think going back to an organized faith was worthwhile?
>>
>>18550778
Do you own a katana, and if so, can you take a picture of yourself holding it so I can add your post in comic sans over it?
>>
>>18550783

No I don't own a katana. I'm not really into having lots of stuff so if I don't need something I don't have it. What the fuck could I use a katana for?

Also, aren't they expensive as fuck? If I had one I wouldn't want a cheap one (if they're anything like kitchen knives, as soon as I could get a better set I upgraded) and I really don't have money to spend on fucking weapons. I'm also twenty five so I'm not interested in playing power fucking rangers.

I don't own a fedora, or any distinctive clothes at all really. I like to wear jeans and t shirts, with a jacket if it's cold.I don't like any writing or labels on my on my clothes (like I won't even buy a shirt with "levis jeans" on it or something, I don't like looking like a billboard).

I also have a buzzcut, keep my face shaved, keep in pretty much average shape and I don't like talking in public or drawing attention to myself. I guess that's why I actually post long posts on 4chan, which used to be

I know you want to paint me as a redditor boogieman, but I'm not. Since when the fuck was 4chan Christian anyway? Outside of /pol/, a few years back people like you were a laughing stock. God has been dead, intellectually speaking, since eighteen eighty fucking two.
>>
>>18550799
>If you think religion is a serious thing, you're a frogposting nazi

Yeah, no. Seriously, if you can't understand that theology has to do with metaphysical claims beyond the empirical, just go back to your fucking STEM degree. I was an atheist and big fan of Hitchens when I was in middle school and high school. Read his book God is not Great and Dawkins' The God Delusion. Then I grew up. Maybe someday you'll do the same anon.
>>
>>18550778
>Your god isn't real and never was
Ok, but I'm also atheist, so what's your point buddy? You projected pretty fucking hard for that post
>>
the mormon church is unironically the best option.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.