[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people always comment on my style of writing? I get called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0103.jpg (153KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
153KB, 848x1200px
Why do people always comment on my style of writing? I get called a pseud a lot, but I feel like some words are genuinely better at expressing thoughts better than others.

What's the point of having a big vocabulary if you're not even going to be permitted to use it? Lol
>>
its because they can tell youre a fake
>>
>>18549943
A grandiose assertion, fair comrade!
>>
>reddit spacing
>pretentious writing
Maybe 4chan isn't for you
>>
>>18549939
There is a time and place for sophisticated language. You're probably being to autistic and using it at times where people find it annoying.
>>
>>18549939
>>18549955
Sounds like you're a pretentious asshole, fapping over your own narcissism
>>
Also have this problem, but I'm diagnosed with ASD. I'm also female, so my friends backhand insult me by saying, "I hate writers with a big vocabulary and who try to use the words when they speak." Then they go on to say stuff like the replies in this thread about being pretentious and such.

The thing is though, I don't even try to use big words...It's just the way I normally write/talk because I love language arts as somewhat of a special interest.

In fact, I always find myself having to stop and think before I speak so that I don't use any "big words", and it makes me feel like shit that I have to, or I get mocked...I've lost count of how many times someone will ask me what a word means.
Then I'll either get the pretentious speech, or "haha you're so autistic!"
>>
>>18549970
Veritably so!

>>18549991
Indubitably. Pray tell, when is the correct chronological position for me to enunciate my verbiage?

>>18550047
I commiserate with your predicament.
>>
>>18549939
Hm. It probably means you try too hard to sound smart. Talking at length about intellectual shit without much actual knowledge or wisdom, etc., or trying to hard.

>big vocab
I love my fancy words. Thing is, the rarer the word, the less likely people will actually know it. So, you only make your writing more inaccessible without much reason. Remember that shit about smart people being the ones able to explain complicated concepts in the simplest terms? Think about that.
>>
David Foster Wallace has a really good essay on this subject. OP don't use a $30 word where a $5 one would suffice. Adapt my friend. There will be situations where you can't really find a synonym for a word but I've found that they're few and far in between. You do seem to want to come off as smarter than you are. A bit of insincerity...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.