[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop comparing every girl I meet to the "one that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Snooki_b288f7_2184829.jpg (23KB, 586x323px) Image search: [Google]
Snooki_b288f7_2184829.jpg
23KB, 586x323px
How do I stop comparing every girl I meet to the "one that got away"?

I am legitimately convinced I missed my chance with the girl I was supposed to be with forever, and now every girl I meet seems like nothing compared to her.

How do I move past this? I want to stop comparing new girls to her but I can't.
>>
bump cause in same situation
>>
>>18549463
No one forgets their great white buffalo anon. But with the fact that you don't forget you must use it for good. Remember that you didn't act apon her at one point so you shouldn't make the mistake with the others. Eventually you'll find another and your GWB will become a thing of the past. One big thing to remember is that you don't love the GWB, what you actually love is the curiosity of it.
>>
>>18549463

You can't. My "one that got away" was "the one that never was" and I think about her constantly over 13 years later. I'm still a virgin (almost 28) because I haven't found a woman that I feel is comparable to "her". You will never move past it, it will eat at you your entire life, and it will screw up relationships and your ability to do basic tasks. She will date men inferior to you, make mistakes, you will be there to pick her up but she'll never be in a relationship with you no matter how many times you try, no matter how much money you have, no matter how much you could improve her life.

>>18550308

No, he will not find another one. There will never be another one. I've tried for years. Don't you think I'd want to find another one? The first one was perfect in every sense of the word, and nobody else comes close and I've tried and tried and tried and tried to the point of utterly giving up and living the rest of my life as a lonely old man with no one to share anything with.
>>
>>18550330
Awful post.

>The first one was perfect in every sense of the word
You're talking out your fucking ass. No woman is perfect - I say this as a happily married anon who is very much in love with his wife. No woman is perfect. No human being is perfect.

The hard truth is, you just never got to know your "one" well enough to see her imperfections. You never dated her, never got to see her bad side, and yes, you do see a wholly different "bad side" when you're dating somebody than when you're close friends. Have you ever been in a serious relationship at all? If you're a virgin, probably not. So why do you think you're in a position to offer advice on this? You have no experience, no basis for comparison. I'm not trying to be insulting, that's just how it is.

Your problem is the woman you're carrying around in your head never actually existed, nobody's that perfect, so of course all the real women you meet fail to measure up. That happens to everybody when they first fall for somebody. It's called the infatuation phase. But you're kinda fucked up, as in, it would probably benefit you to see a professional, and so for you the infatuation phase ... just ... never ... ended.

>>18549463
How long has it been?

If it's been a few months, even a year, then you quit worrying about it, what you're feeling is normal. Has it been substantially longer than a year?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.