[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else not sure how to cope with people liking them This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1493388804792.png (46KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493388804792.png
46KB, 1200x1000px
Anyone else not sure how to cope with people liking them

This is really stupid but I get so uncomfortable when its apparent that someone likes my company, I just don't get why they would and it rattles me. The worst is that my confusion builds over time and causes me to do some really stupid things, like try to push the person from liking me by exhibiting really undesirable traits (most commonly being a drunk mess around them).

Probably the most embarrassing thing is that sometimes if a girl is the person who's treating me this way I'll end up catching feels for them despite knowing its more than likely not her expressing romantic interest as opposed to just being friendly

I feel like I did a poor job at explaining this, blah
>>
>>18549391
Why do you think your company is undesirable?
>>
>>18549493
All of my friends seem like far more fleshed out individuals than I am

I barely have any talents, in fact the only thing I think I am good at is getting people to like me but I can't really figure out why because I have nothing to offer, pretty average looking, and neurotic as fuck (although I don't know how much this leaks through)
>>
Please respond and help me fix my horrible self esteem issues before I cave and just try to get a prescript for something
>>
>>18550233
Look at it this way: if you truly had nothing to offer, nobody would like your company. You wouldn't have friends. You need to give yourself more credit man! If people actually like you, that means you're socially talented! Having someone that's pleasant to talk to is a very desirable trait in a friend. As for developing other talents, have you participated in any activities your friends enjoy? There is a 100% chance you won't be any good at any of them at first, but if you try them out with having fun in mind, you may find something you would like to pursue and become better at. Or for all I know you may actually be incredibly talented at other things, but too self-critical to realize it.
>>
>>18549391
You need to respect these people enough to trust their judgment of your character. If they think you are worth their time then let them make that decision for themselves. Don't believe in yourself, believe in them who believe in you!
>>
>>18549391
banned?
>>
>>18550609
I've tried at quite a deal which is how I've met a lot of these friends but I feel like I am not getting by at a good enough pace or not contributing enough to the group as a whole and it really bums me out, but for whatever reason people still linger from those and
idk
you are totally logical and I get your point, and I also grasp that I wont ever understand another perspective outside of my own perfectly, but this still gets to me. Like you said I might be too self critical but rememdying this in a way that doesn't inadvertently turn me into an egotistical asshole seems so hard to conceive

>>18550644
not sure if it was intentional but that TTGL reference made me smile a lot, I do want to trust in their judgment a lot more but I'm not sure how to break through to actually doing this

Maybe i'm asking for impossible help, I understand all of your logc but I just can't make myself do it2
>>
i get this too OP, albeit to a lesser extent. i find it weird when people like me. i have certain circles of friends who seem to really like me, and sometimes i wonder how genuine it is. i also know exactly what you mean about catching feelings for girls just because they're friendly. i think on the plus side, at least you realize this. you're not delusional enough to think that all these girls are interested in you romantically just because they're friendly. in fact, your awareness of these kinds of things probably contributes to why people like you.
i also have the opposite problem as you; i have poor social skills and feel like i don't have much of a personality, so i've tried to compensate for that by pursuing a lot of different creative hobbies to make myself more "valuable"
>>
Are you me?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.