[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was younger, I dreamed of growing older, filling out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1496413043445.gif (961KB, 310x212px) Image search: [Google]
1496413043445.gif
961KB, 310x212px
When I was younger, I dreamed of growing older, filling out, starting a band, and finally getting tons of girls. I used to be physically immature, so I wanted to make up for it in my early adulthood. Right around the time I started filling out, however, I met a sweet girl.

She's not the hottest girl on Earth, but she's very cute and all my friends and family like her and think she's a good catch. I'm the first guy she's ever been with, and she's given me sweetness and loyalty that I've never received from anyone else in my life. She makes me feel loved and supported, and the thought of life without her depresses and scares me. I feel like my instinct is telling me to just stay with her until I'm able to fully appreciate how lucky I am.

Despite this, I'm constantly anxious because if I stay with her, I'll miss out on my dream of being with a variety of women and making up for lost time in my youth. Sometimes, fantasies about other women enter my mind and it makes me feel guilty.

I can't tell if my instincts are telling me that she's not right, or if I have issues with commitment and some emotional maturing to do. I really want to believe that it's the second, and I want this relationship to work more than anything. I just also can't handle all this stress.

What should I do?
>>
>>18548684

quality over quantity. I'm not staying to stay with the girl but you should do what feels right.
>>
>>18548694
>>18548694
I feel like the loudest voice in my head is currently the one that says to stay with her. I've been with her for almost 10 months without breaking up or "taking breaks" so it must be strong.

I'm just scared because, to another part of me, leaving her "feels right" too. Every day is a battle between those two parts.
>>
>>18548708
You've got a good girl by your side and a bad case of grass-is-greener syndrome. You take for granted that you could get with a "variety of women" and that it would be fulfilling. Perhaps you need something else in your life and switching girls isn't the answer.
>>
>>18548726
>>18548726
This is what I believe too. It's so relieved to hear someone else say it, because I've never talked to anyone about this and have been letting it simmer in my head for months.

We really hate where we're living and we're currently saving up to move to another city and get a place together. We're talking about saving up to get a property and maybe start a family. I'm also planning on starting a different career and also finally starting that band, but doing it for the music and not for the partying/pussy/drugs. I think there's a chance that could be my "something else."

Will it be the right answer? I'm not sure, as I can't tell the future, but there's only one way to find out. Thank you anon.
>>
>tv and ads told me that I have to be a chad and pump n dump lots of bar sluts before I can "settle down"
>better follow their advice and leave this cute, loyal, supportive girl for some random slags I haven't even met yet

you realize how insane this sounds right?

If you like the girl, stay with her. Besides, it's probably more fun to be married swingers in your 50s than an insecure bachelor trying to get laid in his 20s lol
>>
>>18548756
I know how insane it sounds. My coping mechanism is to separate myself from these urges and think of them as a parasite that entered my brain from Hollywood and my degenerate public school upbringing.

I just wish the urges would go away because the stress is having noticeable physical effects on my body and the thought of hurting her keeps me awake at night. She's so fragile.
>>
>>18548684
Grass is always greener. Just stick with the girl until you die or fall out of love.
>>
>>18548726
>>18548983
"Grass is greener" seems to be a recurring theme.
>>
>>18548684
Guy I've fucked hot women and prostitutes and they both feel the same - it's fun but not life. The "rock-star" dream is something many men have, but you might as well play it safe until you at least upgrade from touring in a shitty bus with a roadie that farts constantly in his sleep. You probably can only play base you faggot.

Enjoy finding a good girl early in life and play metal on Rocksmith for pretend
>>
>>18549452
I'm a pretty solid songwriter and singer. I want to play psychedelic rock when I get to my new city and have a steady income (I'm a student now).

I can still do that while being with my girlfriend. I've always cared deeply about the actual music, and the other frivolous stuff is becoming less and less important as I get older.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.