[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone learn how to draw? Any tips or advice for someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: how-to-draw-a-cat 28.gif (23KB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-draw-a-cat 28.gif
23KB, 460x320px
How does someone learn how to draw? Any tips or advice for someone just beginning? Any good tutorials out there?
>>
>>18548413

art is something too complex to fit in to a tutorial. a tutorial for a specific thing is almost like tracing, you are learning how to draw something so unreasonably specific that it isn't much help to your as a whole.

if you're serious take a class. online classes dont work because the teacher can't tell you what you are doing right or wrong. there are books that will give you tips and tricks, less weeb versions of the 'how to draw manga' series... but ultimately without someone who knows better to bounce off of you're not goign to get too far.
>>
>>18548413
>>18548413
Just start drawing. I draw women's faces and the process is just me drawing what I see. My number one piece of advice would be to stay consistent. Drawing at times can be incredibly frustrating but stick with it. Don't only do it when you feel like it or when you are inspired. Develop a routine and practice it just as you would practice an instrument or a sport. Draw what you find beautiful or fascinating and be patient with yourself.
>>
>>18548413
>How does someone learn how to draw?
with lots of time and actual drawing
head over to /ic/, they have a sticky for beginners that gives you a few good books for people who have never drawn before
the rest of the job is just putting in the hours needed to get better
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.