[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just signed up for a course in Criminal Psychology,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500627629861.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1500627629861.gif
2MB, 244x194px
I've just signed up for a course in Criminal Psychology, since I've been wanting to do this for years.

I also want to move countries, from the UK to the US. But I'm afraid that even if I complete the course, I may not be accepted for a green card.

What should I do in to make this shit actually happen?
>>
>>18547510
>But I'm afraid that even if I complete the course, I may not be accepted for a green card.

very unlikely that you will find sponsorship for a work visa when your only qualification is a course in Criminal Psychology (does that even count as being a Degree? Because if it doesn't then you won't even qualify for possible sponsorship).

>What should I do in to make this shit actually happen?

Study something more in demand - though keep in mind that even with great qualifications (let's say bachelors in CS and then a masters in cs from a US University) you still have nowhere near a guarantee that you can actually move to the US.
>>
>>18547510
>I may not be accepted for a green card

Also that's not how that works. You don't "get accepted for a green card". You find an employer willing to sponsor you and then when you get lucky (1/3 chance as the number of work visas given out is capped and there are far too many employers seeking one) you get in.

You do not apply for a blank green card on your own.
>>
>>18547530
Ah, okay! I do have a few other qualifications due to time served in the British Army, mainly Engineering, since I was in the Royal Tank Regiment and we had to learn it.

I wasn't aware about the green card situation, since all the sources I have found/researched came up with so many different answers.

Thank you for clearing all of that up, though, it's greatly appreciated!
>>
>>18547540
Then get a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, get good grades and then do your masters in the US (given you have good grades you should be able to get a nice number of scholarships, so the cost won't be too bad).
Network and line up with a job post graduation (if you finish your masters in the US you have a grace period in which you can look for a job, also sponsorship gets a lot easier).
>>
>>18547554
Thank you for your help! You're a saviour!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.