[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the general rule on trying to date someone who you work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: byrne-uhoh.jpg (70KB, 526x686px) Image search: [Google]
byrne-uhoh.jpg
70KB, 526x686px
Whats the general rule on trying to date someone who you work with? In my case its an office environment (vs fast food or something like retail). Is it a no-no? I dont meet people very well and it seems like work is the only place i'll meet people my age
>>
>>18546407
Don't do it. Make friends with people you work with though, because they can introduce you to their friends.
>>
>>18546407
Avoid it at all costs if possible, but if you must date them do not date them if they manage you or you manage them unless you want to sink your career.
>>
>>18546407

Make friends at work; get comfortable with them and them comfortable with you; get invited to their gatherings; meet their friends; date their friends.

Dating at work isn't a no-no explicitly, but some real talk pointers:

>Most companies will basically fire for superior/inferior relations (fuckin' your manager for instance, or fuckin' your interns).
>In general, relations between employees tend to be treated with deliberated separations so that there aren't conflicts of interest.
>If you're the new kid you'll run the risk of being outed for failing a relationship; if they're the new kid you'll run the risk of scaring someone out of the company, knowing people nowadays.
>Try to realize that some people are very work-oriented and might not spend their time with that kind of thing at work. Someone can be very different between work and personal lives.

I'm not saying 'don't,' I'm saying 'you shouldn't.' There are easier ways.
>>
>>18546407
I've dated at work, granted it's not a 'real' job, just a part time thing while I'm in college.

I think it depends more on the individuals, but I feel most people would create too much drama to make it worth it.
>>
In my personal experience just get to know them and stuff and collect contact info, then you'll build up a collection of girls you can try to date once you no longer work with them. This has worked for me mildly successfully.
>>
>>18546407
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.