[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have many reasons for not wanting to date, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

So, I have many reasons for not wanting to date, but I'm thinking of pulling out altogether (heh) because I'm basically damaged goods. I don't think I'll ever be emotionally mature enough for a relationship. The thought of meeting someone's parents, or for that matter, raising fucking kids, has me petrified.

I don't want to hurt anyone or ruin anybody's life so I think I'll just take one for the team and remain single. Thoughts?
>>
You might meet someone without parents and who herself is not emotionally mature enough for a relationship. So you might click together.

Also, women tend to flip opinions of their men so if you arent uncomfortable with the thought of finding the true love that is actually so overwhelming that it will change your life, then you should not stay alone.

Imagine if some day you are mature enough and then in might be to late. Try out as long as you can.
>>
>>18546391
But what if I don't think I have the capacity to love another person? Isn't that unfair to them?
>>
>>18546422
Then be by yourself and figure out your own life before dating.
>>
>>18546200

>thoughts

you clearly dont truly believe this if your follow up is just 'thoughts?'.

you claim that you see your self as a burden on society that no one should be bothered by you needing to grow and develop and make mistkaes the same way everyone else does, yet you come here and post your blog and just add a 'thoughts?' to the end.
>>
>>18546200
You're thinking too far ahead and too deeply. Be natural. Go with the flow.
>>
>>18546425
Ok, but I've been "by myself" almost my whole life and I'm only becoming more detached from others. I mean, I quite literally worry that I can't love another person.
>>18546426
How else am I supposed to start a thread? I've only been thinking about this for a couple days, so I don't have any cemented plans.
>>
File: 1494734847933.png (320KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494734847933.png
320KB, 477x480px
>>18546434

imagine if a woman posted a picture of her self and said

>IM SO UGLY UGH ITS GROSS I WILL NEVER GET A BOYFRIEND
>thoughts?
>>
>>18546435
You missed the point of the entire thread. I'm not >tfw no gf, I'm wondering if it's a reasonable response to not date if I think I'll be an actual fucking detriment to another person's life.
>>
>>18546448

then ask that. cuz the way you wrote it sounded more like 'OH WOE IS ME IM SO AWFUL... but convince me im not :3'
>>
>>18546467
The "thoughts?" part was basically just asking if I'm doing the right thing.
>>
>>18546469

you already know the answer to that based off of 'thoughts'

'no' in case you are confused. good luck
>>
>>18546478
Without "thoughts?" the original post is literally just a statement with no meaning.
>>
OP you don't have to date.

your life is a great experiment on what the human experience can be, do whatever the fuck you want whenever you want. the independence that comes from not caring about bitches is muiy attractive too.

reading your posts you seem pretty hard on yourself, consider that if caring about how you affect others has brought you to this state you care too much about others. care about people for what they mean to you, this will make you happier and is also an attractive quality. i do not mean don't be friendly to anyone.
>>
>>18546200
>I'm basically damaged goods
>has me petrified
>I'll just take one for the team
How frequently do you say or think these phrases about yourself? It could be on the subject of relationships or just in general.
>>
>>18546488

you can remove 'thoughts' and add something more substantial of /adv/ice.

with 'thoughts' you already know what the answer is and what you want to hear. just admit it.
>>
>>18546490
I *don't* really care about others and that's what has me worried. I've pushed away almost everybody I would've considered a friend this time last year and I don't feel bad at all. In fact, I don't really feel anything which is why I don't think I should become entangled in other people's lives.
>>18546495
Generally almost never. My self-confidence was impenetrable for a few years, but I've been in a bad headspace since I found out I have a deformed spine like 3 months ago.
>>
>>18546523
not caring about other peoples lives is what I'm trying to say bro, other people have to deal with their own lives so you literally can't mess them up, only they can mess them up. worry about yourself and what people mean to you as in how they compliment YOUR life. people actually like this, because we all really want is to matter to others in some way.
>>
>>18546538
I get what you're saying, but how does this apply to a relationship? If I have to lie about my feelings for someone, and lead them to believe I actually love them on some deep level isn't that wrong? What if I waste years of a girl's life? Where is the line drawn?
>>
>>18546523
>Generally almost never. My self-confidence was impenetrable for a few years, but I've been in a bad headspace since I found out I have a deformed spine like 3 months ago.
Negative self-talk hurting your ability to think through this idea is kinda what I was getting at, so it's a good thing that you realize that is a thing. The more variety of approaches you allow yourself to make at understanding your ideas, the more whole your idea will become. By this, I mean don't lock yourself into a pattern of thinking that involves coming up with catchy phrases to describe your problem to yourself.

>I've pushed away almost everybody I would've considered a friend this time last year and I don't feel bad at all. In fact, I don't really feel anything
You might want to keep an eye on this. Some people's personalities are wired to be lone wolves, like myself. It usually involves focus on being independent and seeking self mastery, but it can be taking to an dysfunctional extreme if you find yourself completely solitary. It troubles me when I am actively making myself distant from other people because *that* is not in my nature. Depending on what you mean by "don't feel anything," it could be a sign of depression or a dysfunctional personality disorder. If it is causing dysfunction in your day to day life beyond making you question whether or not you are cut out to be in a relationship, you might want to think more about how it affects you positively or negatively.
>>
>>18546554
draw the line whereever you want. I would say at hurting people intentionally.
>>
>>18546591
>The more variety of approaches you allow yourself to make at understanding your ideas, the more whole your idea will become.
So basically don't look at it with only a negative frame of mind? There's a lot of positives about not dating women, it's just that my mom and sisters are starting to worry why I'm still single so I don't know how I'll explain it to them.
>If it is causing dysfunction in your day to day life beyond making you question whether or not you are cut out to be in a relationship, you might want to think more about how it affects you positively or negatively.
Oh, it definitely effects me negatively. I value my time alone because I'm about as far into "introvert" territory as you could imagine. I used to have a roommate and sometimes I would just be on edge 24/7 because I couldn't have any alone time.
But one of my friends at the time actually laughed at me and told me to get a life when I asked if he wanted to hang out. And another time I invited a friend over (me, 21 y/o guy, her, 50-something woman) and I think I creeped her out or something by asking and she never showed. Side note: is that weird? I'm not very socially acute.

Suffice it to say, though I haven't tried reaching out to anyone since.
>>18546612
It's not intentional. I don't have actual feelings for other people. You're getting that right? I feel like you're not getting that.
>>
>>18546619
nigga if you didn't mean to hurt someone then it wasn't intentional, yeah, so don't care. You're the one who isn't getting it...
>>
>>18546642
Ok, so in the original post, I said I should avoid dating so I don't hurt people. You're saying I should date people. Now if I hurt them unintentionally (after awhile you're expected to say "ily" in a relationship) is it intentional or not? The only way to not lie to someone to their face about loving them is to not date in the first place, right? So we're back to square one.
>>
>>18546650
you must think that's impressive logical circle, but back to my original reply you don't have to love someone to be with someone, if they need you to love them and you don't thats their shit to deal with. you don't have to do anything but put yourself out there for the chances that maybe you find happiness and someone else does too.

or don't, fuck, being a pessimist for life is fine too.
>>
File: giphy.gif (936KB, 500x239px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
936KB, 500x239px
>>18546665
No I was just trying to be annoying.

But I just don't see how you don't think that's wrong.
>>
>>18546681
because it's actually right. you have a unique perspective and gifts to offer the world just by existing. don't over think other peoples needs, if they need you but you don't need them that's not your fault, and you just let them figure that shit out. don't get me wrong I'm not saying keep messing with their heads if you're not gonna love them.

do for you and what makes you happy and through that you will be doing for others
>>
>>18546200

OP just go get sum fuk and make it clear you don't want to be serious.

Yeah you will disappoint some people but it happens, it's part of life. They will move on and you don't have to feel guilty like some beta sadboi for it because you are kidding yourself if you think you are important enough to ruin anyone's life for not wanting to be with them romantically.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.