[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1500586718373.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500586718373.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm interested in starting a web comic and I came up with a good name for it, but I'm worried about it being copy righted, what can I do? If there's a comic it there called "webcomic" and it was copyrighted, could I just call it Web Comic with a space in between or like Web-Comic? These are just examples as I don't want to give away the real name idea that I have
>>
>>18545705

misconception there mate, you cannot 'copyright' a title. you can trademark it, but i highly doubt any other webcomic is going to trademark their name.

trademarks can also be rejected for instance sci-fi channel really wanted to trademark the name 'scifi' so that people would stop confusing movies listed under that genre with their actual productions.

unfortunately for scifi, that did not fly. because scifi had already been an established genre it was impossible for them to get that. so they had to rebrand as 'syfy' to get a unique enough name.

so seeing as webcomics are an entire medium no one can copyright or trademark it. they can sue for other similarities, so as long as your webcomic isn't too closely resembling the other webcomic, its fine.

all in all, its webcomics, so i wouldnt worry about it, just focus on making it.
>>
>>18545728
Okay cool, thank you very much! I was thinking I if I did ever run into trouble with it, I could just name it "My first and last name's: Web-Comic" kind of like how all of Telltale's games are "Telltale's: walking dead" or whatever
>>
>>18545762

well thats not a copyright thing they do, they bought the rights to make walking dead games.

but yeah thats the big thing about it being an existing medium is you coudl at the very least change it to that because they cant copyright the name of the medium.

good luck
>>
>>18545786

Thanks a lot!
>>
>>18545807

no problem man. good luck
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.