[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you usually watch/play when you are especially depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 1498595176012.png (97KB, 312x251px) Image search: [Google]
1498595176012.png
97KB, 312x251px
What do you usually watch/play when you are especially depressed and talking to people doesn't seem to help at all? On those REALLY bad days.
>>
I lift weights.
>>
>>18545144

whatever is around. I do repeat TV shows and games but its never because of the mood I'm in. I think the closest is I MIGHT watch some steven universe if I'm sad because its less of a commitment than tuning in to an hour long drama, I tend to feel like those need to be watched from beginning to end.

cartoons in general i Might watch now that I think about it actually. if I have a sad day I tend to wear clothes (whereas usually im naked) and just lay down and eat.

food is much more linked to my mood than what I watch. Spaghetti is a comfort food of mine, though thats probably partially due to an iron deficiency its something I crave often because of how much pure beef i put in it.

I also tend to get chinese food. Sometimes chipotle, but not as much. chinese food is my 'im sad but this makes me happy' food.

regardless our choices wont help you much.
>>
>>18545169
I can barely force myself to eat, and I'm trying not to drink just so I have more to drink later.
>>
i watch my cat headbutt me in the face while making biscuits with the blanket on my chest, i play "make shit out of wood and other stuff and fix crap out in the garage for hours on end", and i haz many cups of tea. cuddles, chisels, and teabags in constant rotation basically.
>>
>>18545195

like I said, our choices won't help you much. the real question you should be asking is what do YOU watch/play when you get this depressed. and if you don't know the answer just put on whatevers convenient that you like. Childhood stuff / innocent stuff is often a great one because it brings you back to a happier time in general.
>>
>>18545195
Drinking is the last thing you should be doing if you're depressed
>>
>>18545213
I could barely get out of bed this morning. I just need to escape today.
>>
>>18545209
I usually do watch the same shit over and over again when I'm in this mood, so I kinda want something new for a change.
>>
asmr
>>
Watch Aria The Animation.
>>
>>18545224

welp, if you want to try and go through nostalgia just make a list of your childhood favorites til one makes you feel good.

if you just want a new show to watch to take your mind off things heres some recomendations

>orphan black

the over arching plot can get a little confusing, but its about clones. I don't normally think actors are too talented, a lot of the award winning performances feel fake to me. but this girl plays more than 5 different clones on the same show hwo all have wildly different personalities and they all feel so believable. they use top tier special effects to make them all interact with each other. instead of cheap greenscreen they cut them out frame by frame to make it look like these characters are all walking around each other, shaking hands, hugging, etc. it took them TWO WEEKS just to cut out the characters for a dance party.

its about a young delinquent girl who sees someone who looks just like her jump in front of a train, she steals her life in order to get some funds to take care of her daughter, but along the way discovers that she and that girl (and many others) are identical clones of one another, and starts unraveling the conspiracy surrounding their lives.

5 seasons of ten episodes a season, and they are currently in the middle of their fifth and final season.

steven universe is a good cartoons. season 1 is 52 episodes of 'meh' in my opinion. but season 2-4 (26 episodes each) is some of the greatest story telling I've seen in a long time. its about magical space rocks that fuse and become different characters. the metaphor is amazing.

buffy the vampire slayer used to be my comfy show but I've seen it too many times. now i watch it once a year or every two years. its cheesy at first but the metaphor they use is amazing (im really into that sort of thing)

american horror story season 1 is also a very comfy experienc.
>>
>>18545250
I am caught up with SU and started Buffy a while back, it was pretty cool

I will definitely take note of orphan black though since it has been recommended to me before, thanks
>>
>>18545255

how did you feel about the recent season of SU? I didnt like it the first time around cuz I felt starved for answers, but the second time around I was able to appreciate the emotional aspect a lot more. I'm generally not so answer driven, but this show left some pretty serious questions unanswered for 26 episodes.
>>
>>18545261
It's been going steadily downhill for a while, I'm just watching out of loyalty at this point. It's more full of plot holes than any other show I've seen and I'm starting to accept the answers people really want like WD are either being saved for the end of the show or simply aren't going to be revealed.
>>
>>18545280

>plotholes

really? I seem to have missed these. do tell.
>>
>>18545294
Dude I don't even know where to start. I stopped nitpicking since there's no point, but for one, why are gems programmed to be autonomous in the first place?
>>
>>18545288
So why do you keep deleting my post? Why am I not allowed to speak? Who is the pussy, again?
>>
>>18545310

I don't really see how being autonomous is a plothole personally. especially if 'programmed' isn't used in the literal sense, but rather the way that humans are 'programmed' via evolution. from what we've seen of homeworld its certainly not perfect and they can't seem to program out issues such as discoloration even or the rubies just being dumb as fuckety fuck. if they could remove their free will I don't think they'd need variations between gems, thery could simply program one gem that does everything necessary without any arguments, the same way they do the robonoids i imagine.

the only thing thats really bugged me about the show is that the gems need to expand. i imagine they are goign to answer that with a threat to homeworld in the future, but if gems don't die then why do they need to make more gems or conquer more worlds or get more resources. they could have lived peacefully on homeworld with a single generation of gems without ever making more.

but peridots fear of being 'harvested' seems to indicate that there is some great threat out there that gems are fed to. I like to think its white diamond, that she lives off of the shards of crushed gems. but It might also be the 'snake people' ronaldo was tlaking about (go d i hope not).

but thats al ljust me and my headcannon type stuff.

why are you depressed anon if you dont mind me asking?
>>
Stand-up comedy on Netflix. Working out, esp. cardio. But if nothing helps, it is most likely a chemical imbalance and you need to deal with that with whatever works best for you. If you don't correct the imbalance you will feel wrong no matter what you do.
>>
>>18545329
>why are you depressed anon if you dont mind me asking?

I lost the person I was closest to. Really, the *only* person I was close to.
>>
>>18545338

lost lost or broke up? wanna vague it up a little less for me?

btw how far into buffy did you make it?
>>
>>18545336
>If you don't correct the imbalance you will feel wrong no matter what you do.

I am going to therapy and taking meds. But they aren't working at all because the doctor didn't give me enough and I only started going to therapy last week. It is such a slow, grueling process to try and get help and it all feels so pointless.
>>
>>18545340
Broke up, and now its kind of like they want to get back together but they're playing head games and doing drugs and all this stupid shit so I am mostly angry at them. And didn't even finish the first season of buffy.
>>
>>18545144
How to make nooses. Then I practice on some thick string. Gotta be prepared for when you finally do it, right?
>>
>>18545344
>Gotta be prepared for when you finally do it, right?

That's what guns are for
>>
>>18545343

yeah season 1 is the worst season, it was too cheesy and too fillery and they didnt know what they were doing yet.

wait until the end of season 2, its a long stretch but you will probably be hooked before then. just dont give up until season 2 is over. thats when they figure out who they are as a show and it gets even better from there. season 3 is just one great wild ride of epic.

what really makes this show amazing though (outside of the great character development, the metaphor, the arcs) is the finales. each season has a great finale, even its bad finales are still pretty enjoyable. they treat each season like a movie, and unlike modern shows which use finales to just set up the next season, they really wrpa shit up. the oddn umbered finales are all pretty fucking great. particularly 5 and 7. season 2s is the best though.
>>
>>18545343

also, that sucks, i cant really get into girls who are on drugs unfortunately, just not my thing. I can see a girl who smokes pot casually, but for long term its not a good match.

stand your ground, stand your principles, even if you kinda want them back. keep your rules as they'll keep you happy in the long run.
>>
>>18545353
I do mean to pick it back up, I just wanted to binge some anime for a while.
>>18545354
>keep your rules as they'll keep you happy in the long run.
They never made me happy, they're selfish as fuck. But thanks.
>>
>>18545144
i play achilles 2, the flash game. you're pretty much unkillable unless you really, really fuck up.

if you want to not feel depressed, listening to "lose yourself" by eminem always gets me up
>>
>>18545356

then break the rules and see if you end up happy. might as well. I find that most of my clients end up realizing that the rules gave their lives a kind of happiness that doesn't come with smiles, but more of a fulfillment. they can look back and appreciate them selves for being true to what they wanted.
>>
>>18545356

as for some chinese cartoons, have you watched 'school live' / gakou gurashi?

its a great show, kinda the japanese buffy imo, in terms of metaphor and story telling. only like 12 episodes, single season run. i dont recomend researching it as its one of those 'plot twist' anime you need to get to the end of the first episode of.

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Gakkou-Gurashi-Dub/Episode-001?id=136552&s=default

whatever you do dont look at spoilers tho
>>
>>18545363
I think it's one of those situations that are specific to the people involved, like any relationship. I'm tired of getting baited in and hurt over and over. This person is very unhappy and needs constant attention and everything is very one-sided with them.
>>
>>18545370

then i think your rules will make you more happy. in five years you can look back and say 'i stopped letting people bait me'
>>
>>18545373
Yea, basically.
>>
I enjoy watching documentaries. Goebbels is a favourite.
>>
>>18545378

so stick by your rules. celebrate when you do.

celebration is key i think.
>>
>>18545390
Been meaning to start doing this, just have to stay sober or else it won't hold my attention.
>>18545394
Most of the time I feel like I did the wrong thing no matter what, if that makes sense.
>>
>>18545398

why?
>>
>>18545404
None of my options will result in me feeling any better. What good are values if I have nothing to show for them?
>>
>>18545405

well why not? break down two or three examples for us.
>>
>>18545407
To be honest, I didn't come here to talk about this. There is no solution other than to try not to be miserable.
>>
>>18545412

>there is no solution other than to try not to be miserable

soft disagree. yes you need to try not to be miserable, but you can reevaluate things and see them from a different perspective.

treat the problem instead of the symptoms.
>>
Lie in bed unable to move. Od on some benzos and antipsychs, fall asleep. Slit parts out of my skin.
And the next day I'm happy again.
>inb4 emo
I'm 30, I hold a job, I'm not stable, that's it.
>>
https://youtu.be/tYzMYcUty6s
>>
>>18545417
>treat the problem instead of the symptoms.
I can't treat the problem without drowning my emotions. My perspective is unwavering, I just can't change the past.
>>18545420
Eesh, I'll stick with the booze
>>
>>18545430
Kek
>>
>>18545432

>i can't reat the problem without drowning my emotions

thats not treating the problem thats the symptoms. you can't change the past but you can learn from it.

if you ever want to talk it out here is my email
[email protected]

you can reach out anytime, remind me of your issue, and we'll talk it out. I assure you progress can be made. not promising fulfillment and happiness, but there is progress.
>>
>>18545440
I really do appreciate it, thank you.
>>
>>18545444

take care man. Gonna get to work. good luck.
>>
>>18545440
don't perform emotional labor for free
>>
>>18545453

I already make enough money doing this at my office, but i got into it because its a passion of mine and I like to try and help people. if someone needs your help and you have the means and desire to help, there's no need to charge them.
>>
File: leorio.png (1MB, 1290x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leorio.png
1MB, 1290x1080px
>>18545453
>>18545459
You are doing god's work anon, I never understood why most people got involved in the mental health industry if they won't work pro bono, but it makes me wonder if there are personal reasons for it too? If I were to get involved, would I understand myself better?
>>
>>18545470

>pro bono

well you stlil gotta eat and have your own life. yo ucan't really expect to take care of others if you can't take care of your self, and you can't be seeing patients all the time if you literally have nowhere to go and rest and eat or even enjoy your self. it sucks that not everyone gets the help they need, but even a lot of people who are poor still manage to get the right kind of insurance to get help thankfully. alot of people also take some pro bono but also work with people who can pay to get a good balance.

as for understanding your self, maybe yes, maybe no. its not necessary to understand your self i know that much at least.

to clarify though I don't work in mental health in the way you might be thinking or assuming. I would rather not disclose what I actually do.
>>
I like to watch musicals.
Les mis
Cabaret
Sound of music
Anything Disney

Bonus points if it's something you can cry along to.
That scene in les mis after marius' friends died.
I cry evrytiem ;(
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.