[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had this dream since I was like 15 It's a comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: herHead.jpg (101KB, 593x750px) Image search: [Google]
herHead.jpg
101KB, 593x750px
I've had this dream since I was like 15
It's a comic I have been making for 6 years now
The plot lore dialogues and other fluff are pretty much done, I just need to keep writing them down.

Issue is, I can't draw for shit, I've been trying to improve for the past 6 years but haven't gotten anywhere.
After thinking about it a little here are the options I've come up with :

>Ask someone to partner up with me
My best friend is a very talented digital art student and I think I may be able to make her help me but the chances are very slim, she's very busy with her school and stuff. But that's not the actual issue I'm just...embarrassed ? The story is very personal and I don't feel comfortable letting someone that actually knows me read it.

>Write it as a novel instead
I had this thought since the very beginning of the project, since I can't draw and am studying writing and languages the most natural course of action would be to just write it as a novel...But I don't know but I don't think it would really work without a "visual" medium.

>Pay someone to draw it for me
I hate this one but it's an option yeah.

>Give up my studies and dedicate myself to art
This one scares me a lot, I like my studies but I want to fulfill this dream no matter what but I don't have the time or the means to learn how to draw well while I'm still in college.

>Say fuck it and draw it anyway
This seems like the better option, I know that in the end I'm just making this for myself because I know no one will be able to relate with it so why not just draw it anyway without any knowledge.
But there's the chance it'll make me give up part way in because i'm just going to look at my work and say "holy shit dude, you suck just give up and stick to your studies"

>Give up
That's probably what I'll do in the end anyway..Kinda depressing but hey, what can you do.

You guys don't know me and I don't know you but if you were in my shoes and had to make a choice RIGHT NOW which option would you chose ?
>>
>>18544631
>>Ask someone to partner up with me
>My best friend is a very talented digital art student and I think I may be able to make her help me but the chances are very slim, she's very busy with her school and stuff. But that's not the actual issue I'm just...embarrassed ? The story is very personal and I don't feel comfortable letting someone that actually knows me read it.
>>Write it as a novel instead
>I had this thought since the very beginning of the project, since I can't draw and am studying writing and languages the most natural course of action would be to just write it as a novel...But I don't know but I don't think it would really work without a "visual" medium.
>>Pay someone to draw it for me
>I hate this one but it's an option yeah.
>>
>>18544637
...are these the options you would pick ? I don't get it
>>
I'm in the same situation as you, anon. Except for the friend part. I too have a story i've been working on for three years but i don't have anyone to help me and i don't even have a friend who can draw for me.

I've actully been thinking of learning 3d modelling and make my story into a comic using 3d renders of the scenes i built. you can make each panel using the scenes you rendered and then add the rest (dialogues, post render effects etc).
>>
>>18545450
accidentally hit post. lemme continue.

you can try the same if you have enough time and if you don't mind spending another year not producing anything. drawing things in 3d is much easier than 2d and you can always reuse the things you used in the past.
>>
>>18544631
ive been paying artists to do work for me for ever...you can get some very good ones if you get some from Philippines or taiwan and they will literally work for close to nothing. This girl i commissioned once told me that 50 dollars is enough to survive her a month and that she makes more money doing commissions then her parents who work for the government. By the way your never going to find anyone good who's going to work for free.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.