[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ I've got this really bad anxiety problem with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1500532510668.png (273KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500532510668.png
273KB, 800x600px
Hi /adv/

I've got this really bad anxiety problem with bodily fluids - especially sexual fluids. After sex I would always have a shower. I just can't stand the thought of having any sexual fluid on my body. However, it has become incredibly disruptive.

For example, if a drop of semen fell onto my carpet - I will avoid that spot, forever. As you can imagine with masturbation and sex, there's a lot of places that will get semen contamination and vaginal fluids. It's really disruptive in my life. It also extends to secondary, tertiarty, etc.. contamination. Say, if I accidentally touched the contaminated spot in the carpet, then touched a doorhandle - I will now avoid those spots too. Then, someone else may touch that spot and then contaminate other objects around the house. This has progressively gotten worse, and started perhaps eight years ago. Now I can't cope anymore, as there's things I just can't touch. And if I HAVE to, then I have a shower to avoid further contamination of objects. Sometimes I have 3 to 4 showers a day. Incredibly disruptive.

I'm trying an self-exposure therapy, but I want to know if /adv/ has anything else I should be doing? I know this isn't normal, but what is your honest opinion on this? I'm going to talk to a psychologist soon, as this is a mental illness which I need to get rid of so I can get psychologically healthy. What else can I, or should I be doing? It's really embarrassing. That's why I haven't gotten help sooner.
>>
>>18544187
This is, of course, textbook OCD, and you should approach it as such. Therapy can simultaneously help discover the roots of your aversion to bodily fluids and desensitize you to them.

Meanwhile, condoms will limit your exposure to the penis itself, which can easily and unobtrusively be washed after sex.
>>
>>18544187
Get a UV light to shine on these spots you feel are contaminated. If it glows clean it. If it doesn't glow, it ain't contaminated is it?

Fun thought, you are the product of sexual fluids. You are an egg and sperm that has been cultivated into you. You are a giant jizz.
>>
Mentally ill
>>
>>18544187
>>18544194
I wasn't sure if it was OCD or not, thanks for clarifying.
>>18544195
>You are a giant jizz.
Yeah, it's incredibly ironic.
>>
then cut your balls off for they are literally producers of that in you and also your dick because inside your dick is also contaminated
>>
>>18544187
Literally OCD. I have it, too, and similar obsessions/compulsions, among many others. Try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and if that doesn't work well enough on its own and you can afford it, get a prescription for an anti-anxiety med. I think Prozac is like a dollar a day.

You need to get a handle on it now because it rewires your brain and it's extremely difficult to undue.
>>
>>18544187

You have OCD. Every person on this planet has some kind of OCD. Someone thinks the whole day that did he/she turn of the lights before he/she left to work. Someone likes to use upper part of the hand towel thinking that it's more clean (me example). Every human on this planet has some form of OCD. Usually they don't know it and they just keep doing it for the rest of their life thinking it's their way to do that particular thing. These are "good type" OCDs and perfectly normal.

HOWEVER!!! OCDs can become a problem if OCD effects person's daily life in negative way (your situation example). At this point the OCD is not normal and healthy anymore. At this point the OCD limits his/her daily life and becomes a health risk. The person should seek professional help for it immediately before it starts to affect more widely. And it won't go away by itself, it usually gets worse and worse.

So the answer for your question is:

GET PROFESSIONAL HELP! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.