[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/ need help here please my mum's house has problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0306.jpg (261KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.jpg
261KB, 1200x1600px
Sup /adv/ need help here please my mum's house has problems and i don't know what could be causing it not sure if it is structual problems or something to do with the land it was built on
>>
File: IMG_0299.jpg (265KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0299.jpg
265KB, 1536x2048px
Here is a close up picture of it
>>
>>18544024
may be shitty dry wall. cant tell much from pic. is the ceiling suppose to be like that? with that giant line?
>>
>>18544051
Been a while since I've been in the house i think it is a seperation point between the dry wall let me see if i can text her for more details
>>
>>18544051
Almost forgot my mum said someone came and put sealant in the crack but it opened up even bigger than the last time
>>
>>18544024
Can't really tell what's going on there. Is that a drywall seam? Really looks like two pieces of drywall just unjointed and screwed to the ceiling or something. That being said, if it's not, the house is settling. It's common, not much to be done besides continue to fill it and paint over it
>>
Are you asking for advice for that on here? Oh man. I don't know what to say except to give you the kind of generic primer that google could give you.

Cracks opening on the inside of buildings can simply be a sign that whatever interior skin is inside the building is shifting/moving/degrading. They could also be a sign that the exterior structure or foundation is moving, but this is not necessarily the case. Exterior structure or foundations can move for a number of reasons. These can be historic, as in no longer occurring or ongoing. Historic reasons could be settlement over time, changes to drainage, nearby construction. previous modifications to the property or surrounding land. Ongoing problems could also be a number of things. You have to have a wider understanding of what has been and is going on with the property and the area.

It could be so many things.
>>
>>18544024
Is the home owned or rented? If rented, have the landlord look at it or send a construction engineer to check it out (It is in the landlord's best interest to fix a flaw early)

The city might send an engineer for free to make sure the house is up to code standards.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.