[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm split. >Full ride to unremarkable, meh-tier university,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images (5).jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
5KB, 276x183px
I'm split.
>Full ride to unremarkable, meh-tier university, get undergrad for free and pocket $30k college savings, big fish small pond meme
>Attend top 10 prestigious university, small amount of loans, don't pocket $30k
Which would you choose?
>>
The former. It doesn't matter where you go for your bachelor's.
>>
>>18543606
This, 100%. Student loans are a scam, even small ones, and while the marketability of your school matters a *little* for grad schools + employment, it really is just a little. $30k in the bank (or wisely invested, or spent on something actually worthwhile, not frittered away) is UNQUESTIONABLY more useful.
>>
Depends what you can do with 30k, that will make you more money.
>>
>>18543616
Would the answer change if I just simply couldn't pocket $30k, no student loan?
Are prestigious degrees really worth that little?
>>
>pocket 30k or spend 30k

Well fuck, I don't know.

I guess I don't need five digits to my name.

OF COURSE KEEP THE 30 FUCKING K, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU'RE WORTH OR INTERESTED IN IT OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A GODDAMN 4CHAN THREAD

Fuck outta here with your 30k!
>>
>>18543644

I mean if you had a choice between prestige or none, you obviously take prestige.

It's just that prestige is only a step up from none, whereas 30k can be a down payment on property, or used as part of a business plan, or spent on hookers and blow. I don't know, it just has a lot more pragmatic value at face.

Since you're torn, you're not 'sold' on the prestige of the universities. That says to me, at least, you should probably consider the money more than the learning-- you'll feel like a plum fucko if you end up 30k down and in student debt without anything to show.

A meh-tier education is a lot more than much of your competition has up to a certain point at which merit and willpower will define you more.

And if all else fails, coming out with 30k as opposed to without 30k means far better for your options. Student debt is at least a full work year of your life sold assuming you pay no rent nor bills nor for groceries.
>>
>>18543602
The school only matters if you get a crap degree and need connections to get a good job. IF you get a CS or engineering degree you'll get a good job.
>>
>>18543850
I'm going for aeroE.

>>18543666
Yeah, I think I'm just going to take the money. A full ride will be nice, and starting my post-college live with wealth instead of debt seems like a great idea to me. I'm just iffy on the effect my university will have on future earning potential. If the prestigious university will increase my earning potential by more than $30k, then I view it as a worthwhile investment. Could also be helpful if I choose to go to grad school too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.