[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is the right time to move out of your parent's home?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: HCU64O9.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
HCU64O9.png
313KB, 701x394px
When is the right time to move out of your parent's home? Here is some info.

>23 male
>fulltime job that pays a little above min wage
>have transportation
>would rather not try finding another job, all of the past ones were awful and a waste of time
>can handle apartment prices and necessary needs (i.e gas/groceries) but afterwards i have little to no money
>no friends to room with
>only experience with moving out was 2 years in a dorm
>>
I'm 20 myself. Graduating with an associate's in like 2 weeks, then probably gonna stay with them for another year or so while I work and save up money. That is the plan at least.
>>
>>18543509
You don't need friends to room with, just look for ads asking for roommates. It's a decent learning experience, and a great excuse to actually talk to some people.
>>
>>18543509
If your parents aren't dropping hints they want you to start looking for your own place, and you don't mind living with family what's the rush? Think of all the money you're saving.
>>
I'm 22 and I plan to live with my parents at least until I get my bachelor's degree (about 3 years from now).
>>
>>18543521
They are driving me nuts. Sure it's nice to save all that money, but I have no investing my savings.
>>
>>18543509
Its a weird time.

Economy is shit, job markets shit. If you studied, youre in debt.

If youre lucky you landed a good job fast, or are trades inclined and never had to study at all... Theres no shame in staying with your parents if the option is available.

So the answer:

Depends.

Youre an adult. Youre more of a roommate to your parents now.

If you are welcome, and they have the means to house you, and youre working towards something (better position, saving for a house, whatever) then there is no time limit.

If youre a strain on them, get out fast, accept help if they can do it, and carve your own path.

If you have a job, and no ambition to move up or improve your life, then move the fuck out. Youve made your choice. Dont use their resources for your vacation ass lifestyle. Go live the quality of life youve worked for and settled into.
>>
>>18543536
Oh and if theyre poor and youre legit helping them, there, too, there is no time limit.
>>
>>18543536
>saving for a house
>23 year old
Kek
>>
>>18543614
I have a few friends who bought houses at 23. One, even, at 18.

When i was 18 I had excellent credit and could have qualified for a mortgage, and mortgage would have been cheaper than rent and I worked 2 jobs for years.

But I personally had other priorities and didnt want to be tied to a house so early.

Its far from impossible.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.