[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posting again because I made the mistake of late night posting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 20170415_152649.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_152649.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Posting again because I made the mistake of late night posting and no responses ;(

TL;DR
Got a job recently that's shit and then just got back from one that is a hell of a lot better when work for the shit one is literally tomorrow. Do I keep both jobs and keep low hours with the shit one - keep the shit one and don't bother with the good one - or completely ditch the shit one and go with the good one. If the latter, how do I go about leaving current one.

Just hoping that all you anons can give me some input where I need it, regardless of my age I guess.

So now 17 of a few months, quit working at McDonald's due to stress, some mental issues and just the people I had to put up with because, you know, McDonald's hires literally anyone. Worked about a total of six months.

Then after a few weeks with summer in, I started applying again, not too concerned as to where but at least keeping wage in mind. Recently got back from another fast food chain that offered the crummy minimum wage of Wisconsin ($7.75). Tomorrow is my first day for on floor and training, fairly simple stuff, less things to do than McDonald's and fairly nicer work environment and customers. Food is just a smidgen more expensive so customer base tends to be older and a lot better to deal with compared to the occasional kangz n shiet or barely audible Somolian immigrants of McDonald's.

Then today I got back from another place. Restaurant in the city stadium, a hell of a lot nicer. Pays $11.00 when training is passed and just your regular $7.75 until then. Far better opportunity for advancement and whatnot, as well as improvement in something personal, being cooking because I'm shit at it. At least capable of cooking simple food, not like I start fires and shit. Went to a job fair today for it today and now I technically have two jobs.
>>
I did see you post earlier, sorry I didn't reply. To me it seems like there aren't any advantages to keeping the shit job other than extra money. If you think you can manage, just keep the good one. Overworking yourself is not worth extra money in my opinion.
>>
Cont.

Told mama bird of it and explained how I'm gonna quit the shit job and go for the one that I see as a real opportunity. She sat me down and basically told me I'm stupid and should work both jobs instead of "burning bridges" with minimum wage fast food crewmen position. Said I should keep the one that's closer, low wage and just try to work bare minimum hours on the side on top of this new better one that's just a little out the way but that doesn't matter much, I have functioning legs. Basically, I'm trying to avoid two jobs because I don't want to imagine that type of stress and try to balance that out. Dunno if that's childish or irresponsible of me but that just isn't my goal.

Basically, my predicament is, do I listen to my mother and go with what I don't want to do or just go with what I wanted to do and probably will do: ditch the shit job and go for the one that I think is worth it. And if I go with the latter, how do I go about saying that I may quit very soon because of better opportunity?
>>
>>18543312
What did she mean by "burning bridges" with the shit job? It's not like any real opportunity will come out of working fast food.
>>
>>18543307
My thoughts too. Thanks for the input fellow anon.

>>18543332
Like dropping a connection with this company altogether. I dunno, I thought the same thing, thinking it was stupid considering it was a fast food restaurant.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.