[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I get a BS in Chemistry will I have a good chance of getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1499354501758.jpg (13KB, 387x309px) Image search: [Google]
1499354501758.jpg
13KB, 387x309px
If I get a BS in Chemistry will I have a good chance of getting a job when I graduate? Or is it a waste of a degree? Red pill me about college
>>
>>18542668
nah
in stem you need MA at minimum, but should just get your PhD

stem BS is worthless man
>>
(You) should ask (you)r parents.

Fuck out a here
>>
>>18542668

Double major in finance and accounting. If you're interested in chemistry, minor in it.
>>
File: 1500629506623.jpg (370KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500629506623.jpg
370KB, 1920x1200px
>bs
Naw nigga, you need a masters or you might get stuck in a menial labwork. Well whatever you do get masters.

>>18542671
Shit advice. Accounting/finance will be/is automated. Biz is fine but dont get those two.

Engineering is pretty shitty depending on the field as well. EE has no job growth and bio has no jobs according to statistics
>>
>>18542668
It's depends, I all you do in college is your classes then no you won't find a job, if you intern and do research, then yes you will.
>>18542669
This is blatantly false many times in particular fiends of stem PhDs are avoided because they are normally more close minded because they have the "I'm a Dr I know better" mentality.

OP if you wanna get a job after college, do fucking internships, do something meaningful that make you above the rest. Because guess what thousands of other people will have a Chen degree you are no better then them. You better have work experience and don't expect to start at a good paying dream job, you gotta work from the ground up. Got a BS in Chem? Don't expect to be on a research team or lead researcher. Better be ready to be a lab tech or assistant until you work up.
>>
>>18542668
did you bother to look at careers in chemistry? there is a shortage of good secondary school chemistry teachers. if that interests you at all, get a teaching certificate and the job is yours. work half the year. great benefits. lay wood into 18 year old coeds who need extra credit to boost their gpa.
>>
>>18542672

Machines can't sign a 1040, Finman.

The tools get better and, as such, some people will get forced into lesser jobs, but the overall workload will not vanish.
>>
>>18542674
Teaching English as a second language can be great to get your feet wet with this line of work. I had a useless STEM degree too, and Asian companies can't hire white males fast enough.
>>
Everyone here is a moron.

It depends on what you want to do.

If you plan on doing R&D or teaching you'll need to keep on in your field to become more specialized HOWEVER if you pair that with an Econ, pre-biz, engineering etc degree you'll have a shitload of opportunities in almost ANY field you want to go into (sales, mgmt, marketing, project management etc., then you just climb the ladder)

t. Very successful market development in life sciences person with just a bs in biology.
>>
>>18542668
you have no chance of getting a job in america with a chemistry degree. 3/4 of the chemical plants are chinese in america and they only hire their own. you cant even claim discrimination because its the same company they own in china and they only make another here when they get work visas and they just move employees across the planet
>>
>>18542678
This idiot thinks getting a chemistry degree means "mixing Chems" in a plant.

>that. is. hilarious.

The level of intelligence has collectively plummeted over the last decade here.
>>
>>18542668
just join a union college is shit
>>
>>18542675
Hah,keep dreaming

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-20/robots-are-eating-money-managers-lunch

https://www.businessinsider.com/mckinsey-on-automation-of-wall-street-jobs-2017-7
>>
>>18542681
Here's the archive

>https://businessinsider com/mckinsey-on-automation-of-wall-street-jobs-2017-7
https://archive.is/ndOgB
>>
>>18542668
No chance in hell. You better prepare that meth lab Miguel
>>
>>18542668
low to mid 100K for any large biotech/pharma company in boston, sacramento or RTP. If you are not a lazy sack of shit and have some other fucking skills and common sense.
>>
>>18542684
And nepotism
>>
>>18542680
Kek listen to this angry libtard, don't join a fucking union. Work smart, work non-union. Or go to college unlike this retard
>>
>>18542681

> "muh Wall Street"
Frankly, they all deserve to be replaced with robots.

"Muh robot financial planner, Muh robot CPA"
Nope, but thanks for the new tech.
>>
>>18542685
Lol. The poorfag with no motivation or friends detected
>>
>>18542688
Not too far off the mark. I don't keep in touch with the people I meet, and I'm not at all money motivated compared to my fellow Americans. It's a bretty good combination for a person like me who loves travel over all things.
>>
>>18542686
explain how working in non union is better than union, I went to college I'm not even in a union but I know people in them.
>>
BS is fine. A Masters is like 2 extra dollars an hour and your still just a tech. Just start working in a lab while your still in college. Develop experience and a reputation. Or get a phd if your super young and have no life.
>>
OP here. As just a heads up I eventually want to get a Phd, but in-between now and phd i want to get a stable, decently paying (above minimum with benefits) job to pay loans back
>>
>>18542669
If you don't intend to get into academia, getting a PhD is probably a bad idea. It's way too much effort for way too few (if any) benefits.
>>
Got a ba in economics and am going for regulation and compliance jobs, everybody wants to be a movie star broker on Wall street or some shit so there isn't nearly as much competition. It's like being a cop and a lawyer without the bullshit of both. The only reason I didn't get the last job I applied to was because a dude with 5 years experience took an entry level job
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.