[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question about my rent Basically, I signed a year's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1499694003781.gif (38KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
1499694003781.gif
38KB, 390x290px
I have a question about my rent

Basically, I signed a year's lease with my landlady, who has generally been fine. Up front, she wanted the first line months and last months rent, as well as a deposit (so equivalent deposit of 3 payments), due on the 15th. I liked living at this location, so I renewed my lease for the coming year, under which rent is now due on the first.

Come July 15, I send her an email saying I had already paid my previous year's lease in full+deposit, and would pay the new rent on August 1st, as a continuation. But she responded (after a second email)that I would have to pay on both days. Im not really financially comfortable doing so. (She's to reach at the moment, so I haven't been able to clarify)

This doesn't add up. I checked with my friends and they don't think it adds up either. Should I go ahead and pay up and hope I get refunded, or hold out and hope I don't get charged late fees?
>>
>>18541866
Sorry but this is confusing.
First months rent would have gotten you the first month you live there.
Last months rent is used for your final month when you move out.
The security deposit gets returned to you when you move out as long as you haven't damaged the property.

What is she asking you to do? Your lease ended on july 15th?
>>
File: IMG_20170721_120828.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_120828.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>18541881
Here's a picture, hopefully it explains.
Basically, I've paid for the last month at the beginning as she requested,and she wants me to pay for the last month again.
>>
>>18541895
definitely do not pay the last months rent again. maybe she doesn't understand what last months rent is.
>>
>>18541902
See that's the thing. I'm pretty sure I'm in the right, but I can't afford an attorney to fight costs, etc...

I'm partially considering just paying up and appealing for a refund, but considering how difficult she can be to reach time to time, I think that's risky. Plus, I would be stretched super thin to pay two months of rent up front.
>>
From my experience last month's rent is rolled over with a tenancy extension so would be instead now next July's payment. Clarify with her but I would be expecting to pay
>>
>>18541919
I'm looking for an explanation like that, could you elaborate please? Thanks!
>>
>>18541866
Why would you pay a full month's rent for half a month of living there? That is complete retard logic.
>>
>>18541910

she cant charge you last months rent, she already has last months rent. she wil ltry to argue that this is a 'new lease, and therefore you need to pay last months rent again' but if thats the case she needs to take your previous 'last months rent' for the month before the lease renews.

whats she going to do, charge you another 'last months rent' every time you renew and then in ten years expect ten months notice for moving out? makes no sense famalam.

show her the error of her ways, that she can't charge multiple last months rent and that your previous last month rent just rolls over.
>>
>>18541866
>I would have to pay on both days
Pay what? And what the fuck does "both days" mean?

>>18541895
It looks from your picture that you skipped paying for Jul/Aug in July because you used your last month deposit to pay for it (which is fine, that was the last month of your original lease period).

Your payment on Aug 14 of this year will cover Aug/Sep which is the first month of your renewal. Your landlady wants a deposit for the last month of the renewal. That doesn't mean you now have two months of "last month deposit" being held by her, as you already spent the first lease period's "last month deposit".
>>
>>18541910
Definitely try to get in contact with her. If your last months rent didn't roll over to your new lease because of some funky shit it should have been applied to the final month before your new lease began.
>>
>>18541866

totally misread this. okay, so shes basically charging you for a full month on the 15th, then again on the first.

talk to her and say that is unreasonable as she is charging you for a month and a half. if you already paid a full month on the 15th, then you should only pay half a month on august first, it will balance out to a month and a half.
>>
>>18541969
I would have to pay on Jul 15th and on Aug 1st, sorry for the poor wording. Anyway, I just submitted a payment because your explanation makes good sense. I'll still meet with her to has things out whenever she is available. Thanks!
>>
>>18541980
Yeah, that's the issue. A full rent for both. I'm going to meet with her once she's back in town to hash it out. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>18541984
Are you just fucking stupid?

PAY WHAT?

WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?

What did you send a payment for, today?

What are you going to be sending a payment for, on August 1st?
>>
>>18542038
Probably stupid, yeah.

I made the payment to cover the July-August payment, so the original "last month's deposit" would roll-over to the end of the new lease, since I'm not paying first/last/deposit for the renewal.

AKA, I'm paying this month, and (hopefullly) won't have to pay a year from now, because it'll have been covered, otherwise if I didn't pay now, I would be paying for that month next year.

Does that make some sense?
>>
>>18542068
I don't know why you would pay (today) for Jul 15 (Jul/Aug rent), and also would be making payments on Aug 1 and Aug 15.

But hey, you want to keep that as your own little secret, that's fine. I don't know why you're asking for help if you're not willing to give pertinent information, but at this point I think it's a waste of time to continue so I'll just say good luck.
>>
>>18542111
>>18542111
I'm not making any payments on August 15.

the current due date for rent is the 15th. The new lease moves it to the first. So for the next year, I'll only be paying on the first. My initial confusion and the reason I made the post was because my last month's rent was requested by the landlady, even though I had paid it at the beginning, as another anon pointed out. I figured that if I paid this now, then this time next year, I won't pay, because it will already have been taken care of with (today's) payment. The rent being due on the first is just a point of contention because it's in close proximity. I hope that makes sense!

I'm not sure what you mean by secrets, sorry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.