[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm unable to take pictures of myself. I'm a 23 y male,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
I'm unable to take pictures of myself.
I'm a 23 y male, always had some kind of social awkwardness, lately after progressing in my job and clearing some mess in my life my confidence improved quite a lot.
I can have decent talks without spilling spaghettis, still I have troubles taking pictures of myself.
I just don't feel ok with that and I always do a dead-inside facial expression, unable to smile.
I have been on SSRI for 5 months now for depression, now in the process of tapering down.
This might seem a really small issue but actually in today's world you need to post your snout everywhere, corporate email, linkedin, facebook, hell why not even tinder.
All my propic are either blank or some random landscape.
I don't consider myself THAT hideous, what the fuck is wrong with me? Someone relates?
>>
>>18541220
I feel you man, they made technology into a slcial thing now. And when you put your picture, it will never leave the face of the net again.

It's kind of weird, but I had to deal with it and take pics to get in some places like linkedin and driving for uber.

I mean, it's not a bad thing, but I know how you feel because I am the type that tries to save and use as much privacy I have, but these days privacy is just going away.

I got a new phone and am being careful with it a bit, but I am putting out personal emails, because my school email is literally my full name. One little spill/mistake, your identity is known. But hey, it was already known without you even thinking about it due to google.

Either we're getting old or something wanted this to happen. Mass control? Either way, if you have a good portfolio and go to meetups with the work you do, it's nice. I bet it will be normal and handy in the future though.
>>
>>18541225
Appreciate that, anon.
The internet privacy, "botnet" and whatnot doesn't seem to be the biggest obstacle in my case, it's mostly the act of taking a picture itself.
>Either we're getting old or something wanted this to happen. Mass control?
It feels somewhat weird to me that the vast majority of western people post gigabytes a year of their face, and it has in fact became almost a daily need or anyway an habit.
>>
>25 y/o developer
>Shit job, need a new one

>Everyone in this industry has a LinkedIn with a beaming photo of them in business casual and bullshit like "I'm an energetic, motivated person that enjoys rock climbing and also javascript on the side :D"
>All the self-promotional crap and 'networking' makes me cringe hardcore, but I want a better job
>>
File: Bradley Cooper.jpg (153KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
Bradley Cooper.jpg
153KB, 1000x574px
I suck at taking photos. I think I look mediocre in photos, too, yet I do really well with women irl.

I also see a tendency that ugly people tend to overestimate their own appearance (people on reddit is a good fucking example), and good looking people tend to underestimate or outright hate themselves.

People like myself, who are very self-conscious about our own appearance, tend to lock out certain features that we find negative or misfitting, and focus solely on that instead of looking at the whole picture.

Face aesthetics is all about harmony. A feature that looks good on one person doesn't necessarily look good on another. Symmetry (outside the extremes) is also overrated.

David Candy has a crooked nose, yet he is very attractive. Christian Bale is a chinlet, yet he is very attractive. Bradley Cooper has a fairly asymmetrical face, yet he is attractive.

Vast majority of female models are memes. They are objectively symmetrical and attractive, yet I would pick Alison Brie or Cobie Smulders over 99 if not a 100% of them.

In the end, face is all about harmony.

1/x
>>
>>18541243
Oh if it's taking a good photo, then I guess just make sure that your face is clear and you are happy in it. Make sure there is enough light.

That is required for Uber pictures. You gotta appear clear so your passenger can feel comfy.

If you go to school, maybe join a business club. Maybe they'll offer a free professional pic (how I got mine.) Or ask a photography student.
>>
>>18541256
Now, what can a man do to make facial gains?

Well, 99% of what you hear is bullshit. Sorry. There is no easy fix.

This is what works (lookism 5000 certified minus the noise) , if you're willing to invest.

1. Become fit. Lift weights, do some cardio, make sure that you eat well. Lifting weights, gaining muscle, increasing your testosterone, it will all elevate your face. You will look more masculine, you will look more aesthetic, you'll look more healthy, BUT, BIG BUT, you'll have to do it several times a week, every week, for months and months. You have to develop a new lifestyle, this isn't something that you're on for just XYZ time. And it's definitely worth it, hands down. Feel better, feel better, better sex, etc. There is literally no downside besides body dysphoria.

This includes mewing and neck exercises.

2. Grooming and good hygiene. Wash your face with cold water several times a day, never with soap. Use a moisturizer in the morning or before bed. Trim or shave your facial hair, get a gooooood fucking haircut. Shower every day you filthy sweaty incel. You don't think you smell? You fucking smell. I wear a cologne at the gym, just so I don't have to smell you and other people. Use deodorant.

3. Surgey, which is basically admitting defeat (given that it's not for a medical condition).

-

If you're below the age 25, don't do any kind of extreme cuts (eat you dyel fucker, eat) given that you're not a fatass. You're still growing, developing, etc. Height, dick, breasts, brain, there is no telling. I'm 22 and still fucking growing in height. Your face structure is also developing, so eating and lifting weights, increasing your test, it can do wonders. It's hard to change bone structure, but it's possible if you're still growing. It takes time, literally years.

AMA if there is something you're wondering about.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.