[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to contribute to humanity in great ways such as Nikola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5551.jpg (68KB, 736x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5551.jpg
68KB, 736x590px
I want to contribute to humanity in great ways such as Nikola Tesla did. The man was a genius in every sense of the word. Not only that, he was also a good man and his work was for the betterment of mankind. A selfless individual with a beautiful mind and a good heart.
I look to him with awe and yet at the same time, envy.
How could one man be so brilliant? And most of us (myself included) be of such average intelligence? I was never a good student. Average at best. Though I wouldn't consider myself stupid I am definitely no genius.
I am curious about many things yet at the same time my comprehension on those subjects is very poor. It seems like so many people are so much smarter than me and it seems to come so naturally to them, I find it hard to fathom how these people can absorb information so easily and go on to do great things in the name of science, mathematics, etc.
They are truly contributing to mankind in ways most of us will never even come close to.
Some people are okay with being average and are more than happy to accept that they will never accomplish anything great and to some it's not even a thought, they are too preoccupied with superficial things such as video games, celebrity gossip, television, etc.
I'm 24 years old and don't have any higher education past high school. I regret not trying harder and school and even more not continuing my education after high school. Now I fear I will be mediocre my whole life.
In ways it's a selfish endeavor my want to be successful and contribute something of real worth to the world but ultimately I genuinely and selflessly wish to make a great impact on the world and make a change like so many others in the past and present have done/are doing.
What can l do to get solve this dilemma? I want to be great, I feel I owe it to the great people who have done so much for the world to continue the legacy and in doing so inspire others to do the same.
>>
OP here, sorry for that wall of text, I just started typing and let it come out as a stream of consciousness not thinking how annoying it is readigm walls of text not properly spaced out.
>>
If you want to contribute something of that magnitude to the world then you needn't worry about anything as much as the welfare of people who will be here long after you're dead.
>>
>>18540489
>I want to contribute to humanity in great ways such as Nikola Tesla did.

You pretty much have to be born in the right time and the right place for this to occur. You can still make lesser contributions that are very important such as the medical device field.
>>
>>18540500
Interesting you mention that, I was listening to a seminar from someone I consider a mentor and he was saying how you should do the right thing in the moment and keep doing it even if you will so no immediate changes and might not even see them in your lifetime because none of that matters, the future is molded by what we do now.
>>
grow up, consume less social media crap, unwash your brain

greatness, fame, achievements rarely if ever is a result of a decision
its a result of pursued interest and if what you are doing is great, you are fantastic at it, it will become great

if you want to contribute to the word, then be a productive member of society, doesnt matter if you are a janitor or a spaceX engineer, do your job well, help other ppl according to your ability

there is absolutely nothing with being "mediocre", if there would be no such ppl, nobody would become great either, these things are relative to eachother
>>
My advice for you is to start exercising and meditate as well as eating healthy. Not only it will help you physically and mentally, it will help improve your memory and focus. You have to cut all distractions from your life. The only time you can enjoy yourself is during the weeks and nothing more. After a few months of training, start teaching yourself various memory techniques and hit the books in whatever you field you are interest. You don't have to do that, just learn to be a polymath or jack of all trades you can be ahead of the competition. With that done, either join the military or go to a college with the knowledge you learned during your journey. Good Luck, Anon.
>>
>>18540489
I think you're setting unrealistic expectations for yourself OP. If you compare yourself to the absolutely most exceptional individuals you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

the other thing to keep in mind is that people don't usually do great things right away, most people fail many times before they achieve any sort of success. Furthermore, many great things are the summation of persistent effort over the course of an individuals life, not an intrinsic gift.

In short, set realistic goals for yourself now and and just work persistently towards them. Almost no one has accomplished much by age 24, but if you work methodically every day at something, and refine your routines you'll inevitably make progress.
>>
>>18540489
People like Tesla are born with a genius level IQ. If that's not you, then forget it, you can never reach that by any amount of work and will. You can either go back into education and eventually into science where it's highly unlikely that you'll ever make a major breakthrough (as most people in science won't) or you focus on some other society serving career like being a paramedic. If you're seeking clearer thoughts and virtue, look into philosophy.

>>18540967
>Almost no one has accomplished much by age 24
The great men that OP seems to aspire towards often did, though.
>>
If you want to be more than average, you have to take action that is above average. You have to put in more effort than the people around you. Even then luck will play a role. However by busting ass you'll have more opportunities to get lucky than the guy who lets everything come to him. How can you contribute to humanity using your strengths? Its better to double down on your strong points then to spend your time shoring up your weaknesses. What are you doing with your life right now?
>>
>>18541402
I feel like I'm going in the right direction already but I'm human and I do mess up and have my moments of doubt and self deprecation. I read a lot and practice kindness with others. I have a temper but I make a conscious effort to keep it under control and I always try to ask myself if what I am doing is right. I also try to maintain a personal integrity and try to keep in mind the fact that the true character of man is shown when no one is looking. I'm actually working on a seminar (though far away from it) on natural law and will touch upon subjects such as objective truth, objective morality, and solutions for a better world.
Though admittedly I have been slacking but that is partly due to a serious knee injury I'm recovering from at the moment so a lot of time of the day is spent on physical therapy or resting or doing something to alleviate the pain, most productive thing I'm doing at the moment is reading books.
>>
>>18540489
George Washington Carver didn't get his College Degree until his early 30's. He was 26 or 27 when he discovered the agricultural sciences and then became one of the greatest American agriculturalist of all time.
>>
>>18540489
>I want to contribute to humanity in great ways such as Nikola Tesla did.
Why? Do you want to be famous?
>>
>>18540503
Not OP but Im about to start school for chem and bio engineering hoping to do just this for said reasons. Anyone have any advice so that I can work on medicine instead of working in a factory like a lot of chem engineers?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.