[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had a coulee of drinks and I'm watching Killer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1489960054527.jpg (667KB, 1456x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1489960054527.jpg
667KB, 1456x1869px
I've had a coulee of drinks and I'm watching Killer Joe. Ask a shrink (almost anything).

I'm not doing relationship advice because I don't give a shit and I'm not doing dreams because I don't know you.
>>
>>18540360
I'm gonna go get some pork rinds and whiskey.
>>
>>18540360
How do I know if I should see a therapist?
I had a really bad time some years ago and after reading up on the symptoms I very well might have been depressed, but at the time I didn't even consider it. Seeing a doc back then could have prevented me from dropping out of university.
Now I am trying to get over an ex, and right after the breakup people also told me to seek help. I am over the phase of thoughts of suicide, and no, I did not tell everyone, but even people I didn't tell recommended I see a soul doc. Are there any indicators if it would be a good thing or a waste of time?
>>
>>18540383
Honestly, if you've got decent insurance or the money to spend its a good idea. If you have to do it on the cheap you should only do it by personal referral. It sounds like you could use therapy, but its not cheap and its not worth your time or money if you're not committed.
>>
How do you tell if the girl making sexual advances is just doing it to mess with you?
>>
>>18540407
You roll with it and if she's being a cunt you keep on rolling. Life is too short for anxiety.
>>
>>18540414

no kidding

she'd rather save face when with the girls
>>
>>18540418
You think that, but its just you telling yourself that things aren't what they are. Either they're into you or they aren't. The games come later.
>>
>>18540360
I've been to see a couple different therapists over the course of my life, and all of them seemed to be of the consensus that I had anxiety, completely with referals for perscriptions, but they never really diagnosed me with any sort of disorder. Does this mean I don't have an anxiety disorder, or do I have to do something special to get a proper diagnosis. Or maybe I just had some shitty shrinks? I stopped seeing them all after not very long because they never seemed to have much constructive to say.
>>
>>18540360
Always make jokes about being lonely and killing myself, I'm not actually wanting to do any of it and not depressed or even unhappy, I think people killing themselves is cowardly as fuck so I know it's just me joking but is there something wrong with me to continuously making these jokes?
>>
>>18540456
If you're in the US, your insurance records would have the diagnosis code. Chances are they gave you 300.00 (Anxiety Disorder NOS) or 300.02 (GeneralizedAnxiety Disorder).

>>18540468
Not really. I mean, if it wasn't for black humor I wouldn't have no humor at all.
>>
>>18540360
I would fire my shrink if I knew he went on 4chan. I bet you're not.
>>
I literally can't stop.thinking about my ex. I broke up with her to take a job out of state. This was last year December. What do to get rid of regret? Go back to her and apologize?
>>
>>18540487
I'm probably not yours. Probably.

>>18540488
I've already said I couldn't give two tugs of a dead dog's dick about relationships.
>>
File: IMG_4137.jpg (1MB, 2041x2041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4137.jpg
1MB, 2041x2041px
I'm a social outcast who is waiting for school to start. Nobody wanted to hire me, not even with my former manager's personal recommendation in person. My friends (or any potential friends) don't care for my downtrodden appearance and depressive realism, and I couldn't tolerate my sexual partners' bullshit games. I can't get to sleep until the sun comes up, and then I get more depressed. I'm doing everything I can to get mental health treatment, except regressing back into a day program. I can't afford to hit the gym, not without even a part-time job.

Any advice?
>>
>>18540491
Would you give two tugs of a live dog's dick in order to arouse him for mating so he can produce a litter that sells for up to $800 a pup, including in said litter one pup that will become your favorite pet and new best friend?

Do you have any diagnosis over your head?
>>
>>18540481
>If you're in the US, your insurance records would have the diagnosis code. Chances are they gave you 300.00 (Anxiety Disorder NOS) or 300.02 (GeneralizedAnxiety Disorder).
Really? Thanks! Judging by what they'd say when I asked them about it specifically they probably gave me the 300.00.
>>
>>18540527
Was losing all my friends. Was losing them to drinking and to driving. Was losing all my friends, but I got 'em back.
>>
>>18540527
And is it in you now, to watch the things you gave your life to broken? Let's stoop and build them up, with worn out tools.
>>
>>18540501
Planet Fitness is ten bucks a month. Running is free. If you have the internet you have all the isometric training a guy could ask for.

Thats one of your excuses. I'm sure with enough time we could unravel others.

Make a choice. Take a step. Fuck the consequences.

>>18540514
Probably not, I'm a filthy cat person (figures, right?). Besides, I'm not into jerking off a dog for less than a week's take.

>Do you have any diagnosis over your head?

Its less about over your head in this business than it is about goodness of fit. I don't work with many low-insight autism clients because I'm not good with them. Same with kids. I'm outright bad with "easy" clients like minor anxiety or phobias. My specialty is potentially high-functioning adolescents and young adults with personality disorders or severe mental illness.

A cynic would say I mentor for money. They wouldn't be entirely wrong.
>>
>>18540527
I like the NOS diagnoses because the insurance companies I work for don't ask questions and they're vague enough that my patients can frame their treatments however they choose should something legal come up.
>>
File: 1291146114974.jpg (149KB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1291146114974.jpg
149KB, 1100x1080px
>>18540532
>>18540537
Why are you saying these things to me? You're really freaking me out.
>>
>>18540542
Why? Some guy is being weird on 4chan. Either he's mentally ill at 1am or he's trying to get you riled up. Neither is worth your time.
>>
>>18540360
Is it normal to fetishize your fears? And are unstable people more likely to be interested in kinky sex?
>>
>>18540557
Fears and desires are kissing cousins. Freud made a career out of pointing out that obvious fact. Crowley made himself a myth acting it out.

Far more people are into kink than most people realize.
>>
>>18540538
Well you basically just pulled an "its all in your head," so I'm inclined to think you do less than mentor people. Every dollar I spend at this point comes directly out of my nutrition, but if you think all I need is to see some hackneyed motivational comment under a picture of a kitten doing a pull-up, then so be it.

I'm not impressed with this entire thread, man, especially not your incomprehensible response to my question. You avoided answering the question, too, as if I'd be like, "Oh, gibberish. Nice. I forgot what I was really seeking."
>>
>>18540538
And why are you so bitter about relationships? I understand it's tiresome, but why the hostility? Are you in a relationship? Have you been in one?
>>
>>18540581
You asked for advice, carefully closed every door you thought advice might come from, then got your back up because what came wasn't world shattering.

Nice dodge. My point isn't that you need motivation, my point is that you're on 4chan and feeling like you need to make excuses to a drunk guy watching a bad movie at 1am.

Why even ask for advise? What are you really after? I don't really give enough of a shit for a fight if thats what you're looking for.
>>
>>18540360
I know you're not interested in relationship advice, but is that something a shrink would be good for? Not so much relationship advice, but my inability to make friends or enter relationships.
>>
>>18540588
I've been married for over a decade at this point, in that relationship for close to 20 years. I'm not bitter about relationships, I'm disinterested in the constant whinging about women on adv.
>>
>>18540547
Haaa. What mental illness criteria includes sending someone Brand New quotes? Why are you on 4chan at 1:00AM? Whoever wrote this is an idiot. How do you suppose you can assume my intentions? Do you think you're some kind of superior intellect?

If this is OP, you're not a shrink, or you shouldn't be.
>>
>>18540596
Probably. I'd refer you out unless there was a hook that really took my attention, but theres a ton of people who don't really enjoy the kinds of clients I do and we keep in touch. Everyone has an itch they need to scratch.
>>
>>18540360
Last 2 guys who showed consistent interest in me (courted me for months/years) were diagnosed with ASPD.
Is it just a coincidence or there is something majorly wrong about me?
>>
>>18540599
Being a cunt. Drunks and other degenerates. I think you've made it pretty clear. Yeah, but thats not really in play here.
>>
>>18540604
Are you into guys on the spectrum?
>>
>>18540597
It's not incel, it's just relationshit. People get in bad relationships and then wonder why they go badly.

You think /adv/ is troubled? Go check out the boys in /r9k/ and /pol/.

>>18540595
Way to tell me what is going on in my head. What massive intellect.

Anyway, I'm being entitled. I'll figure this out myself. I'm not at a place in life to meet a true expert.
>>
>>18540618
Why are you taking this so personally?
>>
>>18540605
Are you OP?
>>
>>18540608
Not that I am aware of.
>>
>>18540619
Hardly. I just don't think a single thing I've seen here, between you and any of the users, reflects the work of a skilled psychotherapist.
>>
>>18540608
Are you OP?
>>
>>18540541
I still would have liked to understand better what was going on with me. Knowing other people have the same thing I do makes me feel less strange. I'm a lot better now than I used to be, but there's still a symptom I have that I haven't really heard described by other people before. Maybe you could tell me if it sounds familiar.

I don't think I have panic attacks since they don't grow to a climax, but there are times when I just can not stop feeling panicky all the time. Sometimes I'm worrying about something in particular, but usually it's just the feeling of being nervous with no cause at all. My palms get all sweaty, I feel like I'm choking, I pace, and my heart races. But it never gets it a climax and it never really stops, it's just hangs around for days to sometimes weeks and the only relief is to temporarily distract myself. Then it will just stop and be gone for months. Is this something you've heard about other people having?

>>18540547
I'm not really freaked out, I was just playing along with some guy being random.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.