[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My husband and I are visiting his best friend for their daughter's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0513.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0513.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My husband and I are visiting his best friend for their daughter's first birthday. He wants to leave me with "the girls" (none of whom I know) while he goes out with "the guys".
My first thought was: "no way in hell". Am I wrong? (Not as in, no way in hell would I let you, more like that's fucking unfair)

His friend is the kind of guy that got his dick sucked at the strip club at his own bachelor's party. He's a truck driver and former party boy. My husband also comes from a similar world. He just slept around and partied into his 30's until he met me, never really had a serious relationship before.
So is it wrong of me to expect him to be different now that we're married with kids? His friend is also newly married with one daughter.
Honestly, I used to be like that too. But now that I'm married and have a daughter my entire life-views have changed. I go to church. I'm more career-oriented. And I'm 11 years his junior. I feel like he should have matured out of that stage a bit more by now.

I get really pissed at being called a "nag". I feel like it's used as a scapegoat and difference tactic. It's used to trivialize valid issues. I feel like if I tell my husband I'm not cool with him going off with "the guys" they'll all tell him he's "whipped" and he'll grow resentful towards me and view me in a negative/unattractive light.

Even if he doesn't cheat on me I'm not okay with him going to a strip club or even a regular club. I thought that was obvious that it's a place for singles or couples to go to together. I feel like cheating all starts at putting yourself in the opportunity. Playing with fire, basically.

All I want is more romance, like when we were first dating, but I get less and less as time goes on (and we've not even been married for 2 years.) I feel like we're going in opposite directions. Am I supposed to just let him do what he wants and trust him? I do trust him, but I'm also realistic.
>>
>All I want is more romance, like when we were first dating

Honeymoon phase is long gone. Why would you expect it to come back? How long were you even boyfriend and girlfriend? When you're with someone long enough you grow together and have a different kind of appreciation for each other that is based less in lust and more in friendship. There is nothing wrong with this and is more stable than jumping from guy to guy just because you miss the honeymoon phase.

While married it is inappropriate to spend a lot of time with friends, I believe that a married couple ought to let their spouse have girl time or manly time as long as it is within approved boundaries. Just let him know how you feel but don't tell him outright that you don't want him being with his friend(s). That tends to annoy us men and we will ignore it.
>>
>>18540249
>So is it wrong of me to expect him to be different now that we're married with kids?
No, it's not wrong. However you do have a responsibility to be up front with him about your misgivings. While you can expect your husband to be faithful and not do anything stupid, you cannot expect him to just KNOW that you're this nervous about it.

>I feel like he should have matured out of that stage a bit more by now.
Everyone is different and people don't "mature" the same way. The fact that he's the senior does not mean that he should be at or above your level of maturity...remember, you're dating a guy "slept around and partied into his 30s".

> feel like if I tell my husband I'm not cool with him going off with "the guys" they'll all tell him he's "whipped" and he'll grow resentful towards me and view me in a negative/unattractive light.
This WILL happen if you demand that he doesn't go out with the guys. If you do, however, let him know about your misgivings and be clear about the fact that "guys night" is not an excuse to forget he's married.

>All I want is more romance, like when we were first dating
It will never be like that again. You'll have moments of it, sometimes, but it's never going to be the same again. You're different people, all that stuff is in the past and is part of what you are now.

>Am I supposed to just let him do what he wants and trust him?
Trust but verify. You have a responsibility to be CLEAR about why you're nervous about this guys night, and you have a responsibility to be CLEAR about what you expect of him. You should let him go, but just as you have a responsibility to be up front and honest about your fears, he has a responsibility to remain faithful in every sense.
>>
>>18540288
>There is nothing wrong with this and is more stable than jumping from guy to guy just because you miss the honeymoon phase.

tf are you on about
>>
>>18540249
is that you guys in the pic?
>>
I think, you're obnoxious to deal with.
I think, your marriage won't last long if you act like this.
I know, wives like you get made fun of a lot when guys are together.
>>
It is scientific consensus, that men need "man time" more than women need women time to relax and wind down. So yes, you should let him have his time with his buddys and suck it up for once.

The question you have not answered is, what they are going to do. if they go to a bar, than thats totally fine.
When they go to a strip club, everythign is fine aswell, because no girl there wants to take him from you.
When they go to a club they used to go to when they were younger, its more about the memories. This is not to say that there is no risk involved, but no sane woman would date or even marry a guy that has a history of cheating and sleeping around (= having a low threshold for women they would sleep with).
Basically if you made a good choice in your partner, there is no risk involved.

If you went for him for his looks, status and money, than you may rest assured, that hookers have no right to be exclusive and should know their place.

Oh and the romance is gone thing is a problem you communicate and solve with him, just because you are unable to do this doesnt mean you start taking away his pleasure. Havent you read the men are from mars, women from venus thing?
He is happy with the relationship but you are not, which gives you two options:
> Make him unhappy aswell
This is the default way, people from venus solve their problems, if he doesnt get your cues and hear it out of your words, what is bugging you, then he must pay for it. This will cause conflict, drama and a smart man to see through and find out what the cause is.
Hell it took me one year to understand that when my GF is causing drama over her feelings it mostly means she wants sex or attention but jsut cant phrase it right. Before that, things just went on and I tried to solve her "problem" to no avail
>talk to him
This is the solution that mars people and women who know about this barrier between the genders use, directly naming and approaching the problem, so it can be solved
>>
>>18540249
Post this shit in reddit you former roastie.
>>
You only fear he'd cuck you because you'd not hesitate to cuck him if roles were exchanged. When I read your post, it's obvious you have no reason to assume he'd cuck you. The only reason you'd think that is by projecting your own possible behaviour on him.
>>
>>18540249
IMHO, you should find the nearest man to cheat on him with if he does go with his friends.

If he downright abandons you with people you don't know and most likely feel uncomfortable with to go out and party with his buddies, then, lady, that man is an insensitive asshole, no two ways about it.

You're his wife, and if you don't have children yet, then your happiness should be his number 1 priority.
>>
File: JFburiD_.jpg (18KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
JFburiD_.jpg
18KB, 284x284px
>>18541077
This, this very much.

>>18540882
>former roastie
>former
Pic related
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.