[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving out of my apartment next week and killed a bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: haters-gonna-hate.jpg (75KB, 355x322px) Image search: [Google]
haters-gonna-hate.jpg
75KB, 355x322px
I'm moving out of my apartment next week and killed a bed bug this morning. My apartment was swarming with bedbugs over the winter, but was clear as of April. I've seen no signs up until a couple weeks ago when I noticed some weird spots on my pillow. It's allergy season. I told myself it was goop leaking out of my face in my sleep, but, alas, it was not.

One of my friends is staying at my place over the weekend. On one hand I want to tell him, but on the other there's no point. He's flying in tomorrow morning and has no where else to stay. He'll be here for a couple days then he's gone.

My plan is to destroy my bedding before I leave and if the bed bugs follow me to my new place I'll blame my friend from NYC for the infestation.

I feel like it's a bad thing to do, but my landlord sucks. Last time they waited as long as possible to deal with the bed bug issue. Recently I was threatened in the building and they didn't do jack shit. That was before I gave notice.

I honestly don't know what to do. I don't want to sour things with my new roommates right away by bringing bed bugs into their apartment, but I also don't want to be forced to find a new place at the last minute.

What should I do?
>>
>>18539715
I also vacuumed my bed--an inflatable sofa. I'm going to give it and the rest of my apartment another run over with the vacuum then wrap it in plastic bags and toss it in the garbage room.

Any other tips?

Thoughts?

Please. I feel bad and don't know how to handle this. I want to be mature and take responsibility, but I also don't want to live on the street.
>>
>>18539715

dude, awful, warn your friend. let him decide if theres nowhere else for him to stay, but you dont let him walk into the den of bedbugs and end up taking some home with him thats just awful.
>>
>>18539871
>den of bedbugs

I only found one and no traces of bed bugs--casings or the like--, but you're right. I'll let him know.
>>
File: IMG_3049.jpg (70KB, 573x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3049.jpg
70KB, 573x873px
Destroy any and all bedding and fabric materials that cannot be cleaning with VERY HOT water at a laundromat.

Anything you must take with you, must be considered contaminated. Your cloths, shoes, literally every item you own - must be treated as if it is infested. It takes only a single bedbug for them to follow you and fuck your life up. Do not bring a single item into your new place until it has be cleaned and then quarantined from the rest of your shit. Clothes are easy, you just bring them to the cleaner and wash them, but remember it must be HOT water or else they can potentially survive. Use garbage bags to carry your cloths so you can just toss them after, or else you will be re-using a bag that is not safe and possibly infested.

Solid furniture is next (cabinets, dressers, etc). Although not ideal, bedbugs can hide here. Consider it contaminated. Clean the living fuck out of them, every nook and cranny. If there are tiny cracks you can reach, blast it with cleaning chemicals so it gets flooded, or cut your losses and buy new stuff. Tiny cracks are where bedbugs hide, so if you can garantee they are clear, consider it contaminated.

Fabric furniture is the hardest (couches, chairs, etc). This is bed bug paradise. Your best bet is to just toss this shit. It really isnt worth the trouble. If thats not possible - again, living in a bare apartment sitting on the floor would be better than letting a single bedbug in - you need to have that shit blasted with professional bug extermination chemicals, or 140 F heat for 2+ hours. Neither is an easy task, its better to put that shit on the curb.

Any bedding, blankets, curtains, etc - just get rid of it if you cant clean it with your clothes. Also prime bedbug real estate.

You should rent a hotel room for a few days as a halfway point to clean all your shit, and then transport your decontaminated stuff (in fresh garbage bags so the bags are safe) to your apartment.

DO NOT FUCKING CUT CORNERS!!!!
>>
>>18539893
Thanks for the advice. That's good shit.

My concern is that a lot of my stuff is already packed. I'll wash all of my clothing and dispose of anything I had. None of my furniture is coming with. I'll rewash whatever clothing I wear before the move.

Aside from one dress, everything will be freshly laundered.

What should I do about clothing that's packed in boxes?
>>
>>18539889

even just one shred of existence is worth letting someone know. you know how bad it can be. let them make their ow ndecisions. thank you for understanding.
>>
>>18539893
>You should rent a hotel room for a few days as a halfway point to clean all your shit,
I wish I could do that, but I don't have the money...then again. It's better than the alternative. Luckily most of my clothing is in garbage bags...but it was washed on the gentle cycle. Shit.
>>
>>18539893

Just want to add one last point and stress that you need to treat *EVERYTHING* as contaminated. Books - you must flip through every page one by one deliberately while inspecting the crease for eggs. Dvd cases, speakers, lamps, every single item and little knick knack must be considered contaminated until throroughly cleaned and decontaminated and stored in an area that is completed seperate from contaminated items.

Again, DO NOT CUT CORNERS. Bedbugs are literally the most difficult pest on the planet to get rid of. They are extremely hardy. They can go for 400+ days (thats right nigger, over A FUCKING YEAR) without feeding. They know to hide, and will hide in carpet, in walls behind the lightswitch, in the little folds of a cardboard box - literally anywhere, and they do so very skillfully. They are known to climb walls and onto the ceiling and drop down onto the beds of people who wrap their bedposts with ducttape or other materials harmful to them.

DO NOT FUCKING FUCK WITH BEDBUGS. People literally move rather than attempt to exterminate them, because they are retarded hard to kill off. A single bedbug means the infestation continues. They lay like 7 eggs a day, every day, for over a year.

Heed my advice dude. Or suffer their itchy wrath.
>>
>>18539914

Consider those clothes contaminated, because the box is contaminated. Throw the box away, put the stuff in bags, and clean it again. Throw away the bags, and put the clean clothes in fresh bags that havnt been exposed to your dirty shit.

Cardboard is bedbug heaven. Just grt rid of everything cardboard.
>>
>>18539921
You're right. The bug had blood in it so it has been feeding. It was fully matured.

I told him and he replied, "Nah. It's cool."

Seriously I would freak out and cancel the trip.
>>
>>18539934
>Or suffer their itchy wrath.
Never had itches from them. Weird.

>>18539937
No way I can do all of that before I move. I'm nine days away. They disappeared until now. I'll throw away whatever I'm not keeping and trash the boxes ASAP once I move in.
>>
>>18539939

He clearly doesnt know how bedbugs rock. He is in for a rude fucking awakening. Best bet is to educate him and have him follow the same strict decontamination procedure. DO. NOT. FUCKING. FUCK. WITH. BEDBUGS!
>>
>>18539953
He's from New York City, kingdom of bed bugs. He couldn't not know about them.
>>
>>18539934
>They can go for 400+ days (thats right nigger, over A FUCKING YEAR) without feeding.
actually its six months to a year. ur the fucking nigger
>>
>>18539981
Dude. Don't be rude.
>>
Bump.

Should I tell my new roommates or blame it on my friend from New York City?
>>
TELL him you fucking retard. Tell him to stay at a hotel, offer to help him pay it or something.

If one of my friends gave me bedbugs I'd be so fucking pissed.

Washing all your shit in hot water will NOT get rid of them, you need to get your house exterminated, they can hide in crevices and shit.

Once again, TELL your fucking friend and warn him not to stay.
>>
>>18540177
Are you fucking serious dude? tell your roommates.
>>
>>18540182
I told my friend. I can't afford to stay in a hotel otherwise I wouldn't be living in a dump with bedbugs.

I'm moving out in nine days. I warned him not to stay, but he insisted. He's poor like me. On top of that,

>>18540185
I'm not living with them yet. I don't want them to invalidate the lease and leave me homeless, but if they find out I lied to them and brought a bed bug infestation to their place they're just as likely to kick me out. I'll let them know I've noticed signs of bed bug activity since my friend from New York City visit, which is technically true.
>>
>>18540185
don't do it. fuck them roll the dice!!!!!
>>
>>18540279
Selfish much?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.