[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does this drive to start a family come from? I'm 30

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: couple-three-children-15129078.jpg (125KB, 1300x960px) Image search: [Google]
couple-three-children-15129078.jpg
125KB, 1300x960px
Where does this drive to start a family come from? I'm 30 and many people my age are already married with children, but I've never once felt the desire to do any of that. Is it my autism that's keeping me from understanding the appeal of this?
>>
>>18539023

everyone is different. for a lot of people its simply connection. they find a woman, they love the woman, and then the desire to have kids follows. you don't really live as a single man thinking 'wow i really want kids right now'.

for other people its more circumstance. they didn't want to start a family, they simply got married, got lazy with birth control and ended up pregnant and it wasn't a bad thing so here we are.

and for even more people its just a woman wants to have a baby because of her natural biological time clock and the men arent entirely opposed tso it happens. its the kind of thing thats a lot easier to get excited about if someones trying to convince you.

its okay to not want kids. its okay to never want kids. people will give you shit for it but its really no big deal just brush it off and keep on keeping on.
>>
>>18539023
>Where does this drive to start a family come from?

Because it's the easiest way to leave behind a legacy. Women have a biological drive to want children and men want to leave their mark on the world.
>>
>>18539051
>to leave behind a legacy
But why? I don't care what happens after I die.
>>
>>18539059
If you're unhappy with the world having a kid is your chance to change it. Raise it how you think kids should be raised.
>>
>>18539068
I deal with my unhappiness with the world by mostly avoiding it and spending all of my time playing video games, which is what makes me happy. I have no power to make any kind of significant change to the world, so I might as well just try to make my time on earth as pleasant as possible for myself. I think life is too short to waste it on other shit.
>>
>>18539075

I agree with the sentiment, but you're treading a fine line between 'im happy the way i am' and 'i hate everything so do what i can to just survive'.
>>
>>18539023
Because retards think that having a child is a way to leave a legacy. This stems from their general inability to accomplish anything in their own lives and perpetuates the continued cycle of stupidity in the world.
>>
>>18539068
Wow. Way to write yourself off. Why can't you change the world yourself? Why live vicariously through others? It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>18539023
>Is it my autism that's keeping me from understanding the appeal of this?
Did you have brothers or sisters you enjoyed having growing up with?
Did you have a close relationship with your mom or dad?
I was very good friends with my dad and had a great time with him. It made me want my own kids.
>>
>>18539059
>I don't care what happens after I die
Weird, I do. I want the world to be a better place because I was in it.
>>
>>18539587
No to all of those questions. Maybe part of the reason why I have no interest in dating/marriage/kids is because my parents have a really fucked up relationship and they did a really poor job of raising me.
>>
>>18539591
Great, so DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR OWN LIFE. You know who died thinking the world was a better place? Hitler's family.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.