[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a mom with bipolar disorder. She is also a percentage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1484341402321.jpg (45KB, 642x642px) Image search: [Google]
1484341402321.jpg
45KB, 642x642px
So I have a mom with bipolar disorder. She is also a percentage of people with bipolar that experience hallucinations, voices, and delusions of grandeur.

It used to be easier when she was younger, but as my mom gets older, she has been having at least one episode every year.

And we know what causes her to start becoming manic, which brings along the voices and delusions, and my mom will just snowball into a manic mess (refusing to take medications, saying really hurtful things to us that are a part of her delusions, hearing voices, trying to hurt herself or hurt others, etc.) until we have to call paramedics to get my mom in the mental hospital before she does something illegal.

Sleep is probably the biggest thing and what has played a role this time. My mom made some new friends. They went to Vegas on a weekend trip. My mom didn't sleep for like three days.

And now we are here, at the tip of the iceberg, if my family and I don't attempt to stop it, the next 3-4 months are going to be hell. And by hell I mean, here's my mom's symptoms

>she starts telling us she is God, and painfully responsible for all the cancer and child molesters of the world, everything is her fault and she hates having to send people to hell
>if I come to visit her, she'll pull me aside and whisper in my ear, that she thinks my brother of raping her pets
>at it's worst, she'll say she is planning to kill one of us (me and my siblings) or herself on God's behalf because she says voices are telling her we are Satan's children.

I have called her therapist and psych before and spoken to them about my mom, several times throughout my life. It seems to get worse. Because then the psych ups her meds, which pisses off my mom because then she thinks the government is shutting down her mind or other delusional thoughts, then she refuses to take them, and the break down is worsened and faster.

cont.
>>
>>18538567
cont.
I guess this is a vent and a question. I don't know how to reason with my mom. I get frustrated trying to explain to her that she is not God, she does not cause people to die or be hurt. I am just wondering if anyone has experienced similar, and found something helpful.

To add, I don't live with my mom but I am close to the area and visit often. I am sure some people will ask why I remain involved. Basically, I have had to stop my mom from killing herself too many times from childhood until now. As frustrating as this is, I don't want her to die this way. Because of that, it has been far to hard to remove myself from her life.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.