[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living and working in SG; yes, no? I'm a fresh 24 yo graduate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_Singapore[1].png (5KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Singapore[1].png
5KB, 320x213px
Living and working in SG; yes, no?

I'm a fresh 24 yo graduate out of a liberal arts college (yes, yes, I know) in Western Europe.

During my three year degree, I spent 6 months on exchange in Singapore, where I had the time of my life. Upon returning to the my home country in December 2016, I've been trying to find a job or internship to get back.

Now, I've scored a breakthrough; a sports marketing company has offered me an internship for 6 months to a year, with 800 SGD pay per month. After that year, I could join up with my exchange uni for 35K in USD per month for two years and plan my further career.

I have loads of friends in Singapore, clamouring for me to come back. It's been my biggest wish to go back....

... but now, with the opportunity a signed contract away, I'm doubting everything. Leaving my cushy European state, leaving my girlfriend of two years (who has some mental health issues and is most likely not the right person for me to be with forever), taking the leap of faith to SG.

I think I'm just being a huge bitch. Does anyone have experience with taking a step like this? Good idea, bad idea? Any experience with Singapore? The laternative is doing a masters degree in international relations or urban geography in my home country.
>>
One day, when we are older we will all look back on the memories we made today and I hope that, despite the weight of this decision, you will make the most of the time you have now.
Your home country won't move, but chances like this are ever fleeting.

It's ok to be scared, for fear is of the unknown. You are no less a person for acknowledging risks you are taking. You say you have made many friends? They will support you if luck ever escapes you. And when you return home someday, you can bring home the stories of the adventures you had whilst abroad, having become a cultured individual.

I hope I may have reassured you a little.

Now go and have an adventure.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.