[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My little brother just got expelled from school because he been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1500480042791.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500480042791.gif
1MB, 400x225px
My little brother just got expelled from school because he been absent for many days. The reason because he don't go to school is because he has depression and social anxiety. He's just 15 is there still hope for him.? Is he done for?
>>
it's a phase,there is hope,try to form a connection with him and make him look up to you
>>
File: 1499758030673.png (189KB, 364x652px) Image search: [Google]
1499758030673.png
189KB, 364x652px
>>18538108
What if let's say I am my brother. This is completely untrue I'm 19 year old don't bean me plis.
>>
>>18538102
you'll need a medical cert to beat the expulsion.
and you ought to be in therapy regardless.
see your family doctor, get a referral to psychiatrist and a good psychotherapist.
and good luck.
>>
>>18538121
Thank you. I already try to get a psychiatrist but I kinda scare to go and end up not going. The problem is I scare when the doctor said you don't have anything and wasting everyone time and getting them angry. Is that normal? Will they get angry?
>>
>>18538129
I'm not sure if you mean "if" instead of "when".
If you haven't already been, please go and see your family doctor. It really isn't a problem. Hopefully your family will be supportive. A lot of the time it isn't something terrible you have, it just means you need to change your way of thinking and doing things. Some CBT will help, if you can find a therapist who does this kind of treatment.

also listen to this guided meditation (it's quite short) a few times a day every day for a month, I think it should help. http://www.mediafire.com/file/686p3ey8rl47lxc/Up_From_Depression.zip
>>
>>18538141
Thank you onii-chan you the best. My mother is nice but my father not really. That's why I kinda scare to go and see a therapist because if the doctor said I don't have anything I know he's gonna say things like
>you wasting everyone times
Or something like that.
>>
File: 1500374648935.png (340KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500374648935.png
340KB, 640x720px
>>18538141
One more thing what a "family doctor" mean?
>>
>>18538157
Believe me, I know it is tough, I was in your boots once. Talk to your mother and get her support, avoid acting like a pussy around your father. You don't know what will happen, but we are talking about your health and future so please do this.

Family doctor just means the normal doctor. Usually you have to seem them first, then they give you an appointment with a psychiatrist to make sure your brain is ok.
Also ask for a good psychotherapist if they know one. CBT (Cognitive Bahvioral Therapy) can be very efficient for many things too.
Probably you're not mad, just a bit sad and trapped in negative cycles of thinking and behavior. CBT can help you to change this before you really make yourself into a NEET loser or something.
Do more exercise, make plans and try to stick to them, get out and see friends and get off the internet too sometimes. Most of the time we do this to ourselves, it's not a disease.
Good luck!
>>
>>18538160
You must not be from the US. It's an archaic alternative form of general practitioner. It's customary, often in rural areas, for families to all see the same GP/PCP, hence being called the 'family doctor'. Also, another reason they're called family doctors, is because they're licensed to practice medicine from all age groups i.e. babies to seniors. Although, bringing a baby to a family doctor is quickly being phased out, since a pediatrician is obviously more appropriate.
>>
File: 1498891119064.png (371KB, 497x348px) Image search: [Google]
1498891119064.png
371KB, 497x348px
>>18538164
Thanks you for leading me. I owe you one anon.
>>
Well he already got expelled so the damage is done. But you all should have told him a high school diploma is the very LEAST you need in order to work these days. A GED is way harder to get, especially after years of not studying. Tell your family they'll be sheltering a NEET for the rest of their lives because they didn't bother to make him get his ass out of bed and go to school.
>>
File: jojo nervous.png (281KB, 540x401px) Image search: [Google]
jojo nervous.png
281KB, 540x401px
>>18538172
You got me. I'm not from the US. I'm from malaysia actually.
>>18538174
Is GED possible though in my country? I don't think it's possible.
>>
This brother should get his ass beaten for being a lazy crybaby
>>
>>18538178
Yeah I think he should.
>>
>>18538173
>>18538176
You're not in the US so don't worry about GED or whatever. It just means you now have to figure out how to get back into school AFTER you've been to see the doctor.
Hopefully you can explain your situation and get a doctor's note for the school and they can let you back in.
If they do not accept you, then you go to another school in September and finish high school normally. That's all.
>>
>>18538185
Oh OK thanks.
>>
>>18538176
Always specify what country you're from when soliciting advice that can change depending on geographical circumstance.

For example, in the US, we have alternate ways of finishing high school. You can go to a 'charter school' which is an alternative form of high school, with less traditional learning, and more projects and group activity. Then we have 'indepedent study schools', and they're exactly what they sound like. You do all the work at home, and just bring it once a week to the school--it's like one step removed from home school. Additionally, if you want to remove the 'school' completely, then you can ask the state to allow your parents to become your teachers, and they give you all the books and tests through them.

And finally, if you're so lazy, that you don't want to do all the high school subjects, then we allow what is called a 'GED' examination. If you can pass a GED, then it is equvialent, in most people's eyes, to graduating high school. It's like finishing high school in a 4-6 hour exam. This is a very attractive option to people who are lazy/sick/and motivated enough to just study for a tough exam.

Well, I gave you a crash course on the education system in the U.S. but since you're in Malaysia--none of it applies to you. I know that you can take the GED outside the U.S., like when military people live on bases etc. An interesting question to find out, is whether you can take the GED in your country, and if your country would accept it as equal to high school.

We can't answer that for you.
>>
>>18538207
That's cool I'm sorry for not stating it earlier. I just try to figure it out myself. How about a job that don't require any diploma or anything at all ?does it exist?
>>
>>18538207
Also, I'm not even sure if someone outside the US can even pass it, even if your country would accept it.

You have to know English at a 9th grade native level, and basic US and World History for the GED.
>>
File: IMG_5379.jpg (39KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5379.jpg
39KB, 245x230px
>doesn't show up to school
>school complains he misses too much
>school expelled him
>>
>>18538219
That's sound hard.
>>
>>18538222
Well I'm sorry because I have meme illness.
>>
>>18538218
Again. We have no idea how your country operates. I can't even point to Malaysia on a map

I know that in the US, and most other Western countries, you can do 'trades' and apply for apprenticeships and do very well for yourself. And if you don't know, trades are basically anything that involves manual labor, e.g. plumbing, electrician, welder, carpenter, HVAC etc. All of these jobs are in high demand in the U.S. because no one wants to use their hands anymore, and so they're high paying. Maybe in your country, they aren't.

Also, many things you can self teach, like learning software programming. There are high school drops outs in the US that gain legit IT job just by being self-taught.
>>
>>18538225
Well maybe if everything fail I'll come back at learning programming.
>>
>>18538225
I kinda start making music with lmms is that a good step or should I quit or do something different. ?
>>
>be op
>be too lazy to attend school
>get kicked out
omg is my life finished now?

If you can't survive high school then I'm fairly sure you'll end up as a homeless beggar.
>>
>>18538229
Ask someone in your country, some one who knows about how your society operates, how your economy is doing, about what to do. Don't you have a father, uncle, grandfather, cousin, teacher, anyone you can go to for advice? Tell him what you told us. Their advice is more important because they live in your country and we don't.
>>
>>18538234
I'm asking if there's a way for me not being a homeless beggar.
>>
>>18538234
To be fair. Not everyone can survive high school. I lasted 2 months in traditional high school before I got expelled for something illegal. I completed high school through independent study. So I basically just stayed home, and lived a monk life for 4 years. Sure, it fucked up my social development, but I think I was never going to make it in normal high school. Well, I got my diploma, and I'm 2/3 through university, so I'm not a complete fuck up.

Remember OP and others: where there's a will there's a way. If you don't have the will to do something, then don't try because you will only fail and waste your time. Only do something you have the will to complete. This is universal advice for everything in life.
>>
>>18538239
Find out what occupations are in demand in your country, and from that list, choose one that you feel is compatible with your personality. If you don't have the will to show up every day and do the job, then you will fail. You need to choose wisely, something that you can tolerate doing. Most people hate their jobs, but they pick tolerable ones.

For example, I'm studying to be a teacher. I hate the idea of public speaking all day. It's a contradiction. I think I will overcome it one day, but who knows. I like kids, I can empathize with people well enough, don't mind giving advice, and I will enjoy all my summers and holidays off.
>>
>>18538239
You can't have a good life without working at least somewhat hard. If you are fifteen and give up already, citing really meme issues as your reasons, and looking for help on 4chan instead of asking your family members, that means your chances for not becoming a homeless beggar are very slim. Life is tough and almost all people struggle with depression or anxiety, but it doesn't mean that you can stop doing what you're supposed to do and somehow still manage to be successful.

>>18538241
>Not everyone can survive high school.
Come on bro, hs is nothing compared to other challenges of life. Only total idiots drop out of hs.
>>
>>18538251
>Come on bro, hs is nothing compared to other challenges of life. Only total idiots drop out of hs.

It really depends on your personality and the group dynamics in a particular high school. I knew right away, from the onset, that I was not going to get on with anyone, maybe the losers at the anime/book club. I hated every teacher I was assigned. Every day I dreaded hopping on the bus and going to school. I hated all the people I saw lunch. I hated it all. And so I left. And completed my diploma at home. Maybe I will always be a quitter. But maybe, like OP, I didn't have the personality for high school.
>>
Is it disabling? Everyone goes through some form of anxiety in their lives, but to some people it can rule their entire lives (e.g. OCD) from the time they get up, to the time they go to bed.
>>
Depression and social anxiety are meme illnesses. Harden the fuck up you little bitch.
Mods plz ban this underage faggot
>>
>>18538531
Fuck off you heartless faggot. You have to be sympathetic towards kids these days. DNA wise, some of them just aren't quite the same. Whether it's related to a parents' crappy diet, an unhealthy environment (e.g. mold), alcohol, drugs, STDs, GMOs, the chemtrails, the flu shots, etc is anyone's guess. I would not be having kids in today's world, but if I were, I would be taking extra precautions. Lots of evils in the world today, including but not limited to the internet.
>>
I did the same in my Junior and Senior years of high school, ended up going to online school and graduating through that. It might be something your brother can look into. Just make sure he actually stays on top of his shit academically.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.