[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still fucking afraid of the dark, and though I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: black.png (3KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
black.png
3KB, 1200x800px
I'm still fucking afraid of the dark, and though I don't think it's what's causing my insomnia it doesn't fucking help. Recently I keep catching silhouettes and movement in my peripheral vision too. I think that's just the sleep deprivation.
Keep playing out the scenarios in my head, like closing my eyes and opening them again only this time there's something there, you know. Crouched right up at my face, or at the other end of the room. Sometimes the silhouettes of shit in my room gets blurry in the dark and I have to focus to make sure it isn't something, someone, fucking curled up and waiting. Recently I almost didn't go to the toilet at night because I was afraid of hands grabbing my feet and pulling me under the bed as soon as I stepped out of it. Monsters under the fucking bed, serious kid shit. I've tried to just tough it out but it's unbearable. The one respite I've got is shoring up the blankets beside me to make a wall, and hiding under it. Only works if the bed is against a wall. Stiflingly hot too. Rationally speaking shit would just reach in from the top, but I think it's what my dad did for me when I was a kid so it works. I wouldn't count alcohol as a permanent solution but it works too.

I lift and I have weapons on hand so even if there was something I could fuck it up badly but god damn I still get terrified of this shit, and I'd really love to fucking know if there's a way to kick it.
>>
>>18536798
Try sleeping with like a bedside lamp on, something not too overly bright but just dim enough you wont get sleep deprived from having blaring lights in your face. Then gradually when you feel comfortable nothing is there, turn the lamp off and go to sleep. Do this a few times until it becomes natural and you fall asleep when you turn the light off
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.