[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bad at having conversations. I'm in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (129KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 900x680px
I'm bad at having conversations. I'm in a relationship where there's about a 2 hour drive to see eachother. We see eachother around once a week still, but I fuckin suck at making conversation when it's not in person. How often and how long should convos be lasting? How do I make them seem meaningful and not like a waste of both of our time just to check the box that we talked?
>>
>>18536578
This is mostly relating to texting. Sorry for not being clear.
>>
I find snapchat helps bc it takes so long for people to go back and forth which kinda gives you time to think about bullshit. Also you shouldn't worry about how often and long convos last, it just kinda depends on if you get like a really good one going, and then you'll just never stop talking.

Provided you aren't like me and are constantly paranoid about whther or not this person is still into you when you aren't speaking all the time, just relax and don't try to force conversations. Most of the time I feel like your S.O will also be trying to make convo with you so if you're getting tired, let them start something off
>>
>>18536635
She's like that but I'm not. She's always wondering if people in her life really care for her (she's had really bad luck with friends in the past, one tried to convince her to suduko) so I feel like I need to provide her with a lot of positive reinforcement but without being annoying. I feel like she's kind of tired of hearing me say "you look great!!" And "you're good" or gay shit like that.
>>
>>18536647
Well if she is anything like me (or as I assume from your post "worse") then she most likely won't ever get annoyed with that gay shit (unless its like literally the only way you ever open convos with I suppose). I think its great you're trying to provide her with positive reinforcement, and as long as you keep that as your goal, she'll understand what you're doing even if you don't think she is.
>>
>>18536672
Yeah she just doesn't talk about her emotions a whole bunch. I didn't even know our first date was a date I thought we were just hangin till I dropped her off and she asked if she should kiss me. I dunno mayb I'm just an idiot. She's just hard for me to read, because she's like, super social and talks a lot but when it comes to feeling and emotion she doesn't have a bunch to say.
>>
>>18536578
Do you work or go to university? Hang out with friends? Talk about how your day is going. It's a nice little reminder you're there and gives her a chance to talk about her stuff.

If you're that desperate, talk about something interesting you saw/read/heard on the news.
>>
my experience is that, when you have more going on in your life, you have more to talk about. more you want to say. the book you're reading about. what you thought of it. the interesting thing that happened at work. the dumbass that fucked up at school. personal struggles with family. all of these things can branch off in a thousand tangents-you just have to learn the instinctual navigation of which paths will yield greater dialogues and which ones won't.
>>
if your existence is meager, do more things. not just for the conversation--that would be the last reason to do something interesting--but for yourself. take up a new hobby. learn about a historical event that grips you. lay on the beach and listen to the sound of the water. all of these things can inspire an excellent conversation; and if not, also consider the quality of the company you're keeping.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.