[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ i'm a recent high school graduate who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: thefuckareyoupeopleon.png (52KB, 321x331px) Image search: [Google]
thefuckareyoupeopleon.png
52KB, 321x331px
hey /adv/

i'm a recent high school graduate who's really in a weird situation concerning college.

essentially, i'm enrolled at two different schools and can't fully devote myself to one or the other and idk how to bring myself to make a real, solid decision. i feel like a dumbass because all of my peers know where they're going and have all this shit planned out, but i'm a total mess.

one school is a private lib arts college in a state bordering mine, and i've been awarded a full scholarship to attend. i have mixed feelings about it and was kinda pressured into applying by a counselor and my family, but i think i could adjust and be satisfied if i attend the school.

the other is a regional uni on the west coast, nearly 3000 miles away from where i currently live, and they've awarded me a pretty hefty scholarship and i should be able to pay for everything and only take out very small (like less than $2000) loans. i really like the idea of just totally fucking off and doing something different while i still can, but i can't help but worry about the unknown. life def wouldn't be as comfortable or as easy there as it would be at the other school, but i feel like it really could be worth it but i don't want to go over there and produce nothing and wind up feeling like an alienated loser.

idk, any help is appreciated. and btw, both schools have majors that i'm into and i'd be working about the same amount of time no matter what so those aren't huge factors.
>>
>>18536379
go with the cheaper option.

the problem with liberal arts schools (aside from being expensive) is that they aren't very well known outside of the local area that they are in. if you want to get really well versed in the liberal arts, like history and philosophy, but miss out on other, more career oriented opportunities then go there.

i went to a liberal arts school, and it trained me to be really good at school (writing a paper, sifting through a reading, questioning the writer's argument, identifying the thesis, etc.), but not really anything else. part of this could be because of the opportunities i didnt take or whatever, but there u go. also I really didn't fit in socially where I went to college-- lots of rich snobbish people that i had practically nothing in common with (although this has always been an issue of mine).

i think a state school would have been a better choice for me, because i would have not had nearly as much debt while waffling over the career I wanted to pursue (which I am still doing 10 years later). also state schools offer more diverse programs in relevant and current fields and research.

also think about where you might want to end up after college, geographically. if you stay at home, going to the liberal arts school, you'll probably find its harder to relocate right away, because you have no experience, and nobody outside of a 150 mile radius of the school knows anything about it.

you can always come back home from somewhere else, but its not always easy to do the reverse.
>>
Comging from someone who just up and left for the army one day mid way through college. Go to the one on the west coast. The best way I grew as a person was to get outside of my bubble. west coast isnt all that expensive as people make it out to be. Those that are thought to be courageous never do something in full confidence. Thats what makes them courageous.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.