[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I major in electrical engineering or cryptography/cybersecurity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1457040551531.png (27KB, 571x553px) Image search: [Google]
1457040551531.png
27KB, 571x553px
Should I major in electrical engineering or cryptography/cybersecurity? I want to have a job 20ish years from now and I don't mind working long or hard because I don't plan on ever having a life. Which one will have the most job security and pay the best?
>>
Electrical engineering is more broad.
You can work in various fields with that degree.

Cryptography/cybersecurity is not an engineering degree. It could be a master on top of a 3 yr CE/CS degree.

I would not go for a 2 year "Cryptography/cybersecurity" degree at blufflie university.
>>
>>18536170
Hmm I see. So in your opinion if I go into electrical engineering what are the hurdles and chances of trying to work on making robots at a large firm like Kuka?
>>
>>18536186
No idea.
My reference point is sweden since i live there.

ABB only employs top students for what i know.
>>
>>18536186
Kuk means dick in swedish btw.
>>
>>18536152
>cryptography
That would be a graduate level degree in CS. Cybersecurity is the IT guy putting up a firewall someone else made, cryptography is about developing new algorithms.
>>
if you like programming and is interested in electrical engineering, not big on chemistry but want some hands on experience and good paying jobs, which one would be better CS OR EE?
>>
Good question, i think you should major in electrical engineering given the rapid rise of technology and the fact that there will always be demand for electrical engineers, i also believe it may have something to do with the fact that im a cryptographer and my wife left me and took my three kids because denise was a little lying prick and if she ever asks you i didnt sleep with jennifer. It was a serious mistake denise if youre listening im sorry. And if jennifer hears this then why did you tell her?. Anyway cryptogrpahy is good too so just depends on your opinion.
>>
>>18536533
EE is probably better. I was in the same place and I was told I could take EE classes as a CS major to do some of both for fun. They had a lot of prereqs for EE at my uni (different math, generic engineering projects classes, etc.), where CS courses had almost none (just the previous level or testing out), so I never got to take any of the EE stuff. Check the flowcharts where you want to go before deciding.
>>
>>18536671
what can you tell me about college chemistry
cause its required for EE in the CC im going to and im scared of it, because It came off as uninteresting to me back in HS when I took it and I barely passed, im thinking about studying chem on khan academy along with math as prep and changing to EE, also I don't know much about EE
>>
>>18536786
I don't know, that was one of the reasons I didn't double major in anything. My CS only needed physics.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.