[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I genuinely believe I am a 2/10 no matter what therapists and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1499711979853.jpg (304KB, 1442x596px) Image search: [Google]
1499711979853.jpg
304KB, 1442x596px
I genuinely believe I am a 2/10 no matter what therapists and people tell me.

This causes me great distress. You can see it on my face--I don't smile often and the muscles aren't strong, so sometimes I can't help but frown. It feels bad being in public.
Calling myself handsome or beautiful doesn't help, nor does being reassured otherwise.

However, I think it may go beyond simply looks and how I connect to the world itself, or how tense and and on edge I feel--I externalize it. I feel, think ugly, so I see ugly. And not any garden variety ugliness. And it really doesn't help that I feel worn out and I feel it in my face.

On one hand, I need to come into terms with being ugly--so what if I am?
On the other, I need to fucking relax. My soul seems unwell. Not that I believe in souls. Just...that deeper sense of being in me seems terrified and tense.
>>
I think I'm well above average. Got a lot of attention on tinder and lots of compliments from people on /soc/ - and yet I can connect to you. I'm very insecure. And even though I think I look good I live or die on every reaction from (especially attractive) girls - if they don't seem to like me, I instantly wonder what's wrong with me, am I not looking good enough. Doesn't help when your friend is an easy 8/10 and you see some woman respond well to him. Rationally I'm not jealous and I'm happy with my looks. In practice, I can't help myself to overanalyse shit.

I'm also really tense.
>>
>>18536139
Compliments on tinder? Damn, that's saying a lot considering you're a dude.

Part of me knows it's really stupid to focus on looks...Jesus, when I was a teen I didn't even partake in all the shallow image politics or obsessions, I just didn't judge people based off of it, nor did I do so to myself. Strange how adulthood can fuck with you.
>>
>>18536403
Well I meant more on /soc/
I also know how to take good photos...

>Jesus, when I was a teen I didn't even partake in all the shallow image politics or obsessions, I just didn't judge people based off of it, nor did I do so to myself. Strange how adulthood can fuck with you.
Yeah, I used to feel that way too. I didn't think looks mattered.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.