[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have social anxiety and I'm starting college next month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1445576716946.jpg (69KB, 340x372px)
1445576716946.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
I have social anxiety and I'm starting college next month. What do? How do I make friends?

I tried to force myself to be outgoing in the past, but I think it just came off as really fake and desperate.
>>
>>18535726

>college
Alcohol.

You start to realise a lot of people have social anxiety. Thats why they drink n party.

It becomes more apparent as you get older, because looking back at 30 (and sometimes being in the same bar/event as 19 year olds), ive come to realise the "cool kids" are actually the biggest faggots/social retards of them all.

Just endless stupid vomit coming out of their mouths..

On that note, you ever think you dont fit it because you arent retarded?

Anyways. College also brings options. People like you who are more welcoming and maybe more into your interests and more into what you call a comfortable atmosphere will be advertising events all over college boards.
>>
>>18535726
What do you like to do?
Find frat/soro/club built on that.
>>
>>18535738
I used to do softcore drugs when I was younger, but I think it made my anxiety worse. I have to mentally prepare myself to even smoke a joint now. And honestly I hate partying and all would thought about was leaving as soon as I arrived. I know I sound like a boring fuck.

>On that note, you ever think you dont fit it because you arent retarded?
No, I'm just a different kind of retarded, my man.
>>
>>18535797
>What do you like to do?
Hiking, gardening, mostly outdoor shit.

>Find frat/soro/club built on that.
I'd rather not pay to hang out with Chad and Stacy. I think there's a gardening club so I plan to join that, but I doubt there's a lot of people in it. Only old ladies and I like gardening.
>>
>>18535917
>only old ladies like gardening
Youde be very surprised.

Im this guy again>>18535738

Ive done the whole social anxiety, come out of my shell, learn people, travel, act totally out of character, go out and be fake until it feels right thing youre about to embark on.

Youre going to do what you do, and i wont advise against any decision you make about improving yourself no matter the path. All things lead to growth and learning.

But ill save you years of my own study and hand you some info im confident you'll learn yourself:

Youll definitely find decent people your age who either like gardening, or find it extremely fascinating about you. Even girls might think you have an obscure skill/hobby and be all over it.

You arent in highschool anymore. You have a hobby, and its not world of warcraft. Thats cool af. Anyone who disagrees isnt your friend. If you liked drinking and partying, people who like real hobbies would think you were a fuckin tard.

Think about that hard, and then consider what you like, and the kind of people you want to attract, and then choose who you're going to be. Stay you or work to be someone else
>>
>>18536242
Thanks for the advice, man. I like who I am for the most part and I don't want to change to make others like me. Hopefully I'll meet some like-minded people in college.

I'm actually not a dude though. Kinda wish I was because guys seem to have genuine friends. It's hard to find other girls that are interested in anything besides boys, partying, and traveling. I usually have more in common with guys, but I don't hang with them outside of class often because I always felt they rather be with other dudes or some girl they're banging.
>>
>>18536368
Sorry for the assumption. A lot of it still applies. Be person A, these people love you/hate you. Be person B, same deal.

Either way its an interesting part of your personality.

Better to just like what you like and find communities.

Heck if you are good at gardening and have some knowledge when at college id even make a posting for a club yourself. People will come if youre at a half decent school.

Good luck!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.