[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bout to start 2nd year of engineering school and a NGO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fYjv3AA_d.jpg (13KB, 368x366px) Image search: [Google]
fYjv3AA_d.jpg
13KB, 368x366px
I'm bout to start 2nd year of engineering school and a NGO that I used to participate in offered me a job coordinating one of their main projects.

9-14, 5 hours a day, decent payment with an assistant to help me out. Everything legal, requires traveling within the state with paid expenses.

It's a project I love because I participated on it for 2-3 years.

Problem is school. 15-21:30 6.5 hours a day.

I thought everything was possible with a car, but my parents don't want to let me use their because my dad doesn't like it being used by anyone but him. I was told "You won't use my car, I can't solve your problem, you find a solution"

>No car
>Will have to use bus
>Probably spend on more hour than with a car
>Barely time to eat
>Less time to sleep, do homework and free time
>Spend on Ubers, $50 bucks per week and more on special trips to schools

This is a one-chance thing, I rejected it before because it was full time, but the director of the NGO offered it again with the half-time and assistant option because they "have a personal interest on me leading that project". Without my parents support it feels like a lot of pressure.

Also, is it doable without risking school performance?
Thanks
>>
>>18534471
Can't you just take less classes at school to free up some time?
>>
You can eat and do homework on a bus, wake up half an hour early so you could prep some meal, also if the pay is decent buy some kind of second hand car, prioritize what's important
>>
>>18534471
not sure where you live but in most of america if you check craigslist and used car lots you can get a junker that barely runs but will get you from class to work to home for under $2000
>>
>>18534503
also I'm fellow engineeringfag, about to start 3rd year, I spend 6 hours traveling a weak to diferent cities, and also at least 7 hours traveling by foot to uni and back
>>
>>18534498
Nope, I can't build my schedule or pick classes. 6 assignments this semester and 7 the next one.

Luckily 1 or 2 of them are easy, no hard maths stuff (resource administration, research methods, strategic planning) The others are numerical analysis, electronics, circuits, probabilty/stadistics, diferential equations for this semester

Electromagnetic theory, industrial software development, multi-variable calculus, more electronics and digital systems for the next one.

Job takes 1 year (the "lifespan" of every project)

My classes are very theory-oriented and stuff like projects aren't that common, so it seems like it boils down to talking with professors and doing my homework.
>>
>>18534506
I'm not in the us, so salary is a lot lower than your glory land. Anyways i'll consider it to buy one by the end of my year of work. My only fear is that time will not be enough since I have an hour or less to go from work to school, sometimes I will be lucky since the office is 10-15 minutes away from the school (cheapo $3-$5 uber if i'm in a hurry, 30 minutes in bus), but job also requires going to various schools for a debate tournament, so if i'm in the other side of the city is going to be really hard and expensive if I go in Uber
>>
>>18534511
Holly shit that's a lot, big respect for having the balls to do that.
What's the key to free up time? Give up hobbies? Eat faster? Shit faster?

I'm used to having hobbies and a decent amount of free time beacause I believe that "rest and recreation are as important as job and studying". Do I have to give up all that shit to make room for job and school?
>>
>>18534553
you can keep your hobies as after school activity, but yeah I don't usually spend more than two minutes shiting including hand wash and no more than 10 minutes eating excluding preparation if there is some. just get used to that your day will be bussy and that you will get tired, don't forget to get good night sleep, don't play games or at least limit them to minimum, I spend a hour gaming but only if I don't travel that day and I must deserve it by finishing projects, home work
>>
>>18534565
Thanks! I'll ditch hobbies for now since i'm recovering from a nasty lung infection and I have to gain back the lost weight, so food is a priority atm. I can live without gaming for a while. I really appreciate your advice and I think i'll go for it
>>
>>18534622
Good luck m8
>>
>>18534471
Just buy a car dude. You can buy a beater that will run fine for like $2k or less
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.