[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I self-sabotage when it comes to relationships. I show up late,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 65437.png (66KB, 358x275px) Image search: [Google]
65437.png
66KB, 358x275px
I self-sabotage when it comes to relationships. I show up late, I pick fights, and act overly hurt by small offenses that are easily worked out, and I don't know why.

I get a feeling in my chest that I deserve this. It's a good pain. How do I stop?

My parents were really shitty growing up and I haven't had contact with either of them in about 15 years. I was frequently punished too hard, or not at all, and their relationship was a bad role model for me. When I was punished, I would continue it with self-punishment. I.e. making myself stay in my room for much longer (sometimes days) than my parents told me to initially, or I'd self-harm. Not sure if relevant, but I'm male, autistic and depressed (both diagnosed). I don't know if it's learned helplessness, or misanthropy, or what, but I don't think it's healthy. I coincide it with a feeling and belief I have where I put myself out there, and get shit on in return. I'm routinely left out or uninvited, so I say "fuck it" and do things I enjoy by myself. I haven't had a friend since high school (I'm 25), and I've had maybe 3 healthy relationships out of 6-8.
>>
I'm making this thread because I'm not talking to a really good friend of mine, and I don't know why. He didn't do anything wrong, and is upset I'm not talking to him. I'd be devastated if I lost him, but I'm still actively destroying the relationship. Maybe a part of me wants to either be happy, or kill myself. To sit in the middle is worse, so I'd rather ruin things and push myself to the easier side, since I can't be happy.
>>
>>18533826
Sounds to me you got some serious deep-rooted issues from your childhood that seem to be lingering on. I'd unironically suggest you to go see a psychologist/psyciatrist. Don't worry, they don't put you into looney bin, you could just benefit from some cognitive therapy here that they are trained to perform.
>>
Go see a therapist. You've got hedgehog's dilemma and other issues, fix them now before you get really fucked up
>>
File: tismjpg.jpg (24KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tismjpg.jpg
24KB, 256x256px
>>18533826
you're a really good person and way too hard on yourself for no reason like you said

if you'd benefit from being alone while you deal with things then you should explain to people why you're doing it if you think they won't be dicks about it (they probably wont), it might ease your mind a little bit to know that they're there for you if/when you want to talk again.

but if you think it'd be better to talk to them and be around them during a time in which you self impose a punishment then it might be a good idea to explain to them anyway that you're feeling shitty and to be patient* or bear with you

this is probably shitty advice but maybe it's a little more doable and self constructive in the short term than talking to a psych about it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.