[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I've recently been feeling detached from the world.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey guys I've recently been feeling detached from the world. I can't really focus 100 percent on what's going on around me because all I can think about is that I'm going to die one day. My thoughts race, I think about my loved ones dying I think about my conciousness ending and its affecting me in a really negative way.
When I have these thoughts my chest feels tight and I eventually get a headache. What the fuck is wrong with me and why can't I just distract myself from my imminent doom like everyone else is?
>>
>>18533652
Stop trying to imagine death. You can talk about it, joke about it, even think about how you're going to die, but never for God's sake try imagining death.

Now that you know what to keep away from, find other thoughts that will distract you. It doesn't need to be something that will keep you thinking, but you must try and ignore the thoughts you don't like. Stay relaxed, clear your mind and try not focusing much on thinking.

It never really goes away but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to stay away from
>>
>>18533652
Cause youre wke. But for real get a gf and ground yourself. Im not saying be completely attached because existentialism is what keeps us wondering about the world, consciousness, etc. Find some passions and better yourself wherever you can
>>
>>18533701

That's exactly what I'm doing.. imagining it.
Thanks for this.

>>18533706
I've got a gf who loves me and I love her. Makes it worse in my opinion, she's going to die to.
>>
>>18533726
You don't realize how far away that is. You'll get the chance to grow old w/ her
>>
>>18533726
No problem, I kinda have this too. I think it's because you're used to living so much, that it is hard to comprehend not living and it scares us. As long as you keep away from trying to figure out how it feels to be dead you're good to go.
>>
>>18533764

I don't like the idea of just distracting myself and putting this off until I'm 60 and shitting my pants
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.