[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>had phone interview last Wednesday >they said they'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1495614120100.jpg (199KB, 872x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495614120100.jpg
199KB, 872x960px
>had phone interview last Wednesday
>they said they'd start calling people back for in-person interviews this week
>it's Wednesday, still no word
>plus, am 90% certain I didn't get it anyways

Is it too early to follow up? Might they just be lagging? What's the right wording? I'd be emailing them.
>>
>>18533358

people say you should call to follow up but honestly its just not true. the idea behind calling to follow up is thati t proves you really want the job, but they don't care. they're not going to say 'WOW THIS GUY REALLY WANTS THE JOB I MUST'VE BEEN WRONG WITH MY ORIGINAL JUDGEMENT HE IS PROBABLY GOOD FOR IT'

they didn't call back cuz you werent a good candidate. i went into a sandwich shop and asked if they had looked at my resume for 4 months. the entire time the manager and all the employees kept complaining they were understaffedb ut that he hadn't had a chance to look at new employees. 4 months. kept promising id definitely get a call. never did.

thank god too cuz id probably still be stuck there if i did.

regardless, the point im trying to make is that following up does pretty much zilch unless its some small business where forging a personal relationship matters.
>>
>>18533358
You can follow up now. Just let them know you applied and are following up.

Don't take it bad if they don't choose you. I have a ton of degrees and it was still tricky to get my first real job. People in the private sector half the time are just hiring their school friends or girls they want to bang.
>>
>>18533362
I want to follow up so I can stop worrying about this, rather than getting goodboy points. BUT, if I follow up too early, then I might hurt my chances by annoying them. That's my conundrum.
>>
>>18533375

i doubt it. if they're interested its not going to hurt. they arent going to be like 'OH WOW THIS ANON IS TOO PUSHY, HE ACTUALLY WANTS TO WORK WHY WOULD WE WANT THAT TROLOLOL'

the truth is you wont get closure though. they will just say 'oh we havent looked at them yet.' until you stop calling
>>
>>18533382
Damn it, man. This was one of the biggest three companies in my industry. Sucks that I blew the opportunity.

>>18533374
Thanks, anon. I'm just stuck in such a rut
>>
>>18533389

you didn't 'blow it'. There seems to be this misunderstanding that if you aren't the best you aren't relevant. they went with the best person for that particular job at that particular time. apply the next time they have a job and then again after that. Out in los angeles you have people applying for the same jobs over and over again for yeras anytime a spot opens up. many of them get it eventually.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.