[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is art school worth considering seriously? >Are scholarships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3038.jpg (43KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3038.jpg
43KB, 564x423px
Is art school worth considering seriously?
>Are scholarships available if you're actually talented at art?
I might consider it then unless it's an actualwaste of time.
>>
>>18533139
Art school is totally worth it if you are clever about it. I got my art degree from an art school that was actually not a college, but a vocational school, so it focused much on internships and teaching you technical skills that help you get your ass hired and not so much on actual painting (eurofag here).

Of course if you go to art school on some field where you are painting, writing poetry, learning philosophy, feminism or whatever, you find it difficult to get hired anywhere but in the faculty of that very same school.

Art school is not as bad as people make it out to be, I've met some of the coolest, smartest people (not all SJW's you know) in art schools, but just don't fall for the meme your fellow students and some teachers like to push that learning stuff on computer is secondary to learning how to actually draw (hint: it's the other way around).
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>18533139
Well I'm browsing /adv/ rn and I'm in film school and it's been hella helpful so ye
>>
It depends on why you're becoming an artist.

If it's for the joy of making art and you want to get paid while doing so, no, go make art and sell it.
If you want to get into a specific career like animation or graphic design then yes. Art history or maybe even teaching art then yes.

The thing is, that you learn art and techniques through practice and focus on craft, art school really only is there for connections being made to the industry
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.