[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 30 years of age. I have very few close friends. No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20170708-WA0000.jpg (3KB, 168x176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170708-WA0000.jpg
3KB, 168x176px
So I'm 30 years of age. I have very few close friends. No one really messages me but them, and it's usually every so often. But aside from that, I can go days without one person contacting me.

My Facebook is full of old workmates, school friends and those few proper friends. The few I did like from work/school I tried to speak to but they weren't interested.

I've even made a Twitter and I have like 3 followers.

I live in Scotland which is pretty shitty for population.

I don't go out socializing much. I don't even want to speak about trying to date. That's not happening, I've tried loads of dating apps like pof/tinder and unless I treat it like applying for a job, nothing really happens.

I'm just at odds end here because I'm feeling pretty lonely. I'm pretty overweight so I don't look all that great. I know people will tell me to lose weight but I'm here for any other advice on what to do. Am I just destined to be lonely? Even online I'm finding it difficult to make connections to speak to people.
>>
>>18533112
I'm 28
I know the feeling of being stretched out from the people you used to know.

What matters is making a fucking effort.
Find the people you connect with and make that fucking connection.
Board games is what helped me. I knew a buncha cunts who loved it and so did I.
Every week we met up to play and it made me happy.

And lose weight you fat fuck. No one is happy being fat.
No need to work out. Just stop eating.
>>
>>18533112
Are you a NEET? You should try to get yourself some work or classes to alleviate your loneliness.
>>
>>18533112
Your in Scotland Go to some clubs in Edinburgh or Glasgow that's the central point of My social and sex life go to places where people go to hang out and look for sex
>>
>>18533112
Sorry to be cliche but you should lose the weight/build muscle. It will raise your confidence. I've been dating quite a bit the last year and actually made a few friends from it.
>>
>>18533126
>just stop eating

This is horrible advice anon, suddenly not eating will put your body into "starvation" mode wherein the body holds onto any fat you put into it and already have. as well as a slue of psychological issues.

If you want to loose weight (it really will help) then you need to eat real food, like from a farm, I'm talking fruit and veg, limit your intake of red meat. Keep the meals small but more frequent, And move around as much as you can (don't be sedentary)

Bettering the physical makes any mental/ social issues so much easier so deal with!
>>
>>18533287
>club

What's the point if OP is socially awkward?

Unless you're talking about interest groups/clubs then it's a different thing.
>>
>>18533112
Do you ever reach out to others? Are you ever the guy who initiates contact or says "Let's all go to the new movie this weekend"?

From the outside, shyness looks a lot like aloofness, and if you don't reach out to people they will conclude that YOU don't like THEM, and they'll respect your privacy by leaving you alone.
>>
Focus on losing weight first, then get some shitty retail job to work on social skills
>>
Hump
>>
>>18533972
Yes I've tried teaching out to old workmates. Even old people from school. None were very much interested in conversation. Polite enough to answer things but never to engage in the conversation beyond what was said. Once I stopped trying to keep conversation up it was dropped and I haven't heard anything back since.

>>18533287
I'm far too overweight to catch any females attention man. That's a pointless endeavour. I've tried stuff like that going to night clubs and females aren't really interested in conversation with me. I'm actually a pretty forward person, I'm not shy, but I'm not oblivious enough to read writing on the wall when it's there.

>>18533129
I have turned into a neet. I'm considering going back to college which starts this August. But that's also another concern since I'm 30 I'll be old as hell mixed with people from 16+.

I know people are telling me to lose weight. It's not as simple as saying the words. To lose weight is a massive amount of effort and sheer willpower that must be kept up constantly. It's incredibly difficult to muster up that motivation for easily 2 years when you're incredibly lonely and in terrible shape. I am trying. But it's not a case of dieting for 2 months and everything's sorted when your my size. It is there, but it's a long term goal that will take a year or two to get the results needed. I'm looking for more short term goals that I can do just now to improve things.
>>
Lipo is the answer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.