[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been lurking various boards on 4chan for the better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: boo.jpg (42KB, 474x456px) Image search: [Google]
boo.jpg
42KB, 474x456px
I've been lurking various boards on 4chan for the better part of 9 years but this is the first time I'm going to post something of substance.

I'm about to be 26 years old and I've just hit the wall that I've absolutely fucked up my entire future because I chose a shitty major in college. I graduated with a bachelor's in history in 2015 and since then have been working odd jobs with no real end in sight. I chose history because it was my strongest subject prior to college and at the time I was forced to declare my major I had no earthly idea what I wanted to do with my life. To this day, I'm still struggling to find a career that I truly want to pursue for the rest of my life. At this point my parent, grandparents, etc. all had careers, houses, marriages and I'm some doofus who doesn't even know what the hell he's doing.

I'm not mathematically inclined so engineering/medical fields were never my course but as I've gotten older I realize those fields are the only thing that are worth anything and the careers I have available are filler, gimmicky jobs that I would take no pride in pursuing.

I'm going to a career advisor at my alma mater next week but even still I feel like I'm a pussy for being lost in the first place.

Just needed to get all that out there. Thanks for reading. (pic is me at halloween awhile back)
>>
>>18532578

anon it sounds like your concern is your future career path. Make sure that is truly you problem. If it is, I would suggest taking a risk and trying something new.
start applying for something different even if it is entry level.
or try to do more schooling. it doesnt necessarily have to be a college degree, but maybe a trade. Even some cheap community colleges to see what is out there and what you can see yourself doing in the future.

but some perspective to show you that the grass may not be greener on the other side.
I am also 26 years old but pursued a degree in engineering. I now feel like there is no end in sight. i am destined to work 5 days a week for the next 40 years of my life. Not sure what there is left for me in life other than the vicious cycle of the grind.
>>
>>18532578
>history major
Kek, enjoy poverty for the next 50 years
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.