[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend who I can describe with no word other than genius.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1468409853105.jpg (58KB, 481x602px) Image search: [Google]
1468409853105.jpg
58KB, 481x602px
I have a friend who I can describe with no word other than genius.

He is extremely proficient at several fields, he is an accomplished biochemist with several papers published, he manufactures several drugs at his garage, has several pot plants from breeds he made himself that have every tiny aspect of their environment controlled for maximum growth. He distils his own alcohol and it's some of the best I have ever drunk. He designs and builds complex electronic systems. He is one of the best programmers I have ever seen, he is a legit hacker and a scary one at that. He plays the drums, the piano and the bass like a professional musician. He is fit like a body builder and is a black belt in judo and jiu jitsu.

I think you get the idea. The problem is, he is a very complicated and abusive person. The minute you don't act the way he wants you to act he destroys and humiliates you, berates you and makes you feel like shit. If you don't fit the narrative he wants to construct you are useless to him and he throws you out like you are nothing. He is very rich, and yet he has taken quite a bit of money from me for "our" projects. Sometimes he simply gets bored of these projects and explodes in anger if you ask "what about the money I put in?"

I've been abused, used and dragged around by him for years, and yet I'm drawn to his genius. I disregard everything that has happened, all the red flags, all the people he has chewed and spat away in the vain hope that I will learn something from him, get even a tiny part of his greatness. In some ways, I have learned quite a bit from him, but it has cost me dearly. Everytime I try to get away is followed by me remembering all the money I gave him, all the time I spent with him, all the things he could still teach me, the great things I know he will do. And then I swallow all the bad feelings until I can bend myself to his will yet again.

How can I escape this? How can I let this go? I'm so tired of this suffering.
>>
>>18532414
He may be a genius but he sounds like an asshole. Ditch him.

He may know a lot but how to treat people is clearly not his forte. It's not difficult to be a decent human being. Apparently he missed out on studying that.

I'm still in uni and I'm sort of facing the same issue. Except I don't give a fuck and am only "friends" with this guy because I honestly feel bad for him.

He's incredibly smart. Aced Orgo I and II with flying colors as a freshman, is currently partaking in research and is doing really well for himself. But he's an arrogant asshole whose self-righteousness pisses everyone out every. single. time. we hang out with him.

I'm ready to cut him off but he's literally suicidal. I feel bad for the kid. Honestly. He was bullied throughout high school but that is no reason to treat people like shit. Using your past and your mental issues as an excuse to be a douchebag is fucked up. No matter how intelligent you are.

Damn, this whole thing is pissing me off. Thanks OP.
>>
>>18532414
Dwell on the harm this relationship has done to you. Consider the effects of your dependency. Losing money in the past is no reason to continue losing money. He's using you; it doesn't seem like he's teaching you anything.

Doing fancy tricks isn't valuable. That is, it IS strictly valuable in our nihilistic society, but it has no worth beyond the trick. He's just a person, and being dependent on such a person does no good for your well being.

Cut contact, make sure you're aware of anything illegal or unsavory he might use against you, move away if you have to.
>>
I want to meet your friend. Where do you live?
>>
>>18532461
Albania
>>
>>18532414
He's a textbook narcissist.

The best way to get away from narcisissts is to become as boring as possible around him so that fucking with you isn't fun for him anymore.
>>
>>18532453
I dwell in all the shitty things and then I feel a burning inside of me when I think about the things he got from me, with my money. The thought that I will walk away and leave all these things behind with him kills me. Not just because of the things, mind you, but of how well he played me. How he got me hyped up in my vulnerable moments so I would buy him things. How he knows everything that makes me tick. How easily he tossed me aside after a very minor mistake. I was always the one to contact him, I don't even think he had my phone number saved after the last 4 years I've known him. He convinced me I was his best friend, and I believed him because, like you said, I wanted to be friends with the cool guy that did the cool tricks.
>>
>>18532478
Darn. he sounds like my dream guy. Does he like American girls?

But by all means, yes, get away from him. Your friend may be smart, but he most likely also has a personality disorder.
>>
>>18532508
If you stick around, you're never getting any of that back, you're only gonna lose more.
>>
I am sorry you are attracted to the brain that causes you so much pain! You should try and find someone who wants to build you up. There are nice men out there I have found mine. He quick to give praise and always put my needs before his. Cut him loose and cut yourself free no one needs to be abused!
>>
>>18532526
I know. I just can't believe I let myself be played like that for so long. People warned me and I always ignored them.
>>
Goddamn this sounds so much similar to me, except admittedly on a smaller scale, but it still hurts. Gonna be bookmarking this thread.
>>
>>18532564
tell me about it friend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.