[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wife told me to get out over a stupid argument. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1499275013997.gif (2MB, 237x277px) Image search: [Google]
1499275013997.gif
2MB, 237x277px
Wife told me to get out over a stupid argument.

I don't think I'm going to as she knows I have nowhere to go.

How fucked am I for a major fight in the future? It's probably just a matter of time until this happens again, right?

How do I move past this?

I'm not entirely innocent. I left this morning to get a haircut without saying anything to her and she thought I was maybe cheating or never coming back. Her dad used to do that. She called me a coward and insulted my maturity and told me to fuck off basically.
>>
>>18531917
She clearly has some big time abandonment issues. I would try to reconcile with her over the short term, and maybe approach the elephant in the room much later (months, a year).

These things happen. In the future just make sure you're perceptive of her needs (security in this case).
>>
>>18531917
Did you pay for the house?

If so then you have no need to get out.

I think she's overreacting a hell of a lot.
It is inconsiderate yes but jumping right to cheating is a huge fucking leap on her part
>>
>>18531991
I found her making that stretch to show me she doesn't trust me at all. I would never do something like that. We haven't even been married a year yet. It's her house. She said I fucked up our marriage by doing that and will never forgive me. She says really fucking horrible terrible shit to me often. All I said to her was that she had been a decitful mother fucker for what had happened. Which I guess was kind of a misunderstanding. I have so many hurtful memories of things she'd said to me, but this is probably one of the worst. Part of me thinks it was kind of a test to see if I would.
>>
>>18532080
OP this is awful...why did you marry her...

I was in a similar relationship with a woman and lived with her, she'd constantly pick fights about the smallest things and get really hurtful, sometimes physical. It was like walking on eggshells anytime I was with her and always ended in a screaming match.

Now I'm with a much more understanding girl, for 4 years now, and its like a big weight is taken off my shoulders every time I come home to her. She cooks me dinner, we take a bubble bath together and just talk about our day, then cuddle up and play vidya or watch movies/tv. We fight sometimes, but it never ends in screaming, maybe just a little bit of crying here and there AT MOST.

Leave her OP
>>
>I'm not entirely innocent
Sure you are. Marriage doesn't mean you have to let your wife monitor your comings and goings all the time. You did literally nothing wrong.

I'm gonna give you advice on two things, what you need to do in the short term, and what you need to do in the medium/long term.

Short term:
Don't leave the house, don't talk to your wife either. Not in some immature "I'm not SPEAKING to you" way, it's just that nothing good will come of it right now. Give her some space, and some quiet, but do not let her kick you out of the house. If she gives you shit for not leaving, then tell her, "I'm not leaving. I'm willing to talk as soon as you're ready, though." She'll calm down eventually.

Long term:
Freaking out at you for going to get a fucking haircut is so controlling it verges on abuse. You need to decide whether you want to salvage this marriage or leave like the prev. posters suggested. You married her so presumably you do love her. If you decide her issues are too serious and you want a divorce, well, that's that and you know what to do, and I'm sorry. If you decide it's worth it, then you need to tell her some form of, "I love you and I would never cheat on you or leave you, but it's not reasonable to expect me to run every little errand by you so you know where I am at all times. I think we should go talk to a professional about this." She really does need counseling.
>>
>>18532233
I would never leave her unless she cheats, and would separate if she stabbed me or something. But I feel like this was pretty fucking minor in the grand scheme of things and she tried to kick me out. She has also threatened to leave when we were dating, but I didn't let her leave. We had been arguing and not talking for about a day leading up to this. I was pretty fucking pissed off about it.
>>
>>18531917
>>18532080
Holy ... Did she display any of this type of behavior before you got married? She's acting like a demon a year in; she seems like she has some serious issues. If she was your gf I'd say run away and don't look back, but as you're married.. I don't even know what advice to begin to give you.
>>
>>18532233

No he's fucking not. He "wouldn't let her leave" and that's before marriage. Not that you would know this, because he said so in reply to you, but pro tip, when someone admits a fault, they're usually being honest, with information they'll never give to you in full. The pop culture meme of a battered innocent woman being beaten by a devil incarnate of a man is just that, a meme. Abusive people attract each other. Trust me on this, I'm one of them.

OP, romantically you two deserve each other. Once an abuser, always an abuser. I'd reccomend a single, celibate atheistically ascetic lifestyle for you both, that is if you accept fault and seek a better life.

People like us. The clingers who'd "never leave unless she cheated". The controllers and the schemers. We don't deserve love like others do. Not that it's even desirable. Self actualisation and comfort are mutually exclusive.

I've given you the information. Now you're going to choose to ignore it you pathetic mother fucker. That's how this always goes.
>>
>>18532458
I have never been physical with her, I guess I could have said "I talked her out of leaving." She meant to stay away for a night or something. I think that's what she meant here for me to leave for a bit. My dumb ass was about to do it too.
>>
Mate, your wife needs therapy. Getting angry over someone leaving the house for a haircut is unreasonable. Don't twist it around and take on guilt for it. Don't let her castrate you. I'm sure you love your wife. She needs therapy to start looking at these issues.
>>
>>18532500

You don't have to hit someone to abuse them. As someone who was involved in a relationship where we hit each other and psychologically abused each other, it's the non physical stuff that hurts most.

Whether or not you held her down, and whether or not the disagreements in your relationship stem from her or your issues (most likely both), you've convinced another human being to stay in an emotionally traumatising and unsustainable relationship simply because that's convenient for YOU and fits what YOU want.

In my mind, that makes you a piece of shit. If you love her, let her go and never look back. And that goes to anyone reading this. If you ever feel romantic attraction for someone, do not try to trap them you over possessive fucks.
>>
>>18531917
>I'm not entirely innocent. I left this morning to get a haircut without saying anything to her and she thought I was maybe cheating or never coming back. Her dad used to do that. She called me a coward and insulted my maturity and told me to fuck off basically.

Fuck off, mate.

Sounds like you're entirely innocent.
Can't even leave her side for 2 minutes to get a fucking haircut without dealing with accusations of cheating?

Shit, next thing you know you'll be saying "I'm not entirely innocent, really I deserved it. I was clumsy, I shouldn't have walked into that door" making goddamn excuses like you're a battered housewife.

Holy shit, trust me, anything you said to her she had coming.
Does she have apps that let her watch where you are?
'Cos' she'll get 'em.

Let me ask you something;
Before you met her, if you needed a place to crash, would you have had somewhere to go?

Or has being with her lead to certain people being phased out of your life? People who'd have had your back?

Mate, if you've got nowhere else to go, get a cheap ass hotel.
Tomorrow, you'll see a million texts on your phone her saying she's sorry because then she'll stop treating you like her servant, if only because she's worried she actually is losing your ass now.

You use that to buy some time to prepare your escape this reltionshit plan.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.