[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help peeps, I need legal advice! so I submitted my music to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: wasasdas.png (74KB, 909x489px) Image search: [Google]
wasasdas.png
74KB, 909x489px
Help peeps, I need legal advice!

so I submitted my music to this indieradio and they actually want to play it next month. they send me this contract to sign and since english is not my first language I would like to ask if i understand correctly.
By signing this I am handing over all rights for promoting and monetizing from the song for all time, but not the rights to the song itself right?
Or would they be able to fuck me over my monetization of the song?

pic related, its the contract.
>>
>>18531350
IANAL, but you still have the right to promote and monetize the song on your own. I'd see if you can talk to anyone else they've worked with to see if they screw people over or not.
>>
Seems like a standard contract for just playing your music legally. Doesnt seem like youre losing any rights.
>>
>>18531365
>>18531365
thanks a lot guys. I checked the site, the social media and the artists featured on there and it seems legit. guess imma go for it, in case they are fucking me over I will just rerecord the song since the writing rights are indefinetly mine.
Still got scared since I had to google one word to many before feeling like i should ask, so thanks for lifting that off me.
>>
>>18531350
As far as I can tell you're essentially giving the company permission to play and use your song; the second paragraph essentially being a way for them to wipe their hands clean should it turn out you plagiarized the song/any legal disputes should occur over the origin of the song

Take this with a grain of salt, this is only as a college educated native English speaker, I have not studied law.
>>
>>18531378
hey thanks, thats the way I understood it too. that's a relieve and I finally get to celebrate my free promotion. Better to be too careful than ignorant, especially online and in this industry.
>>
>>18531350

not a qualified lawyer either, but i read the "non-exclusive limited and perpetual permission" clause to mean that they have a limited right to promote and monetise your song forever but not exclusively, which means that you can do the same.

i would be interested to know what the limits they agree to re. the permission and whether you can enter into similar agreements with other providers. might be worth bottoming that out (although i suspect nothing limits you from doing so).
>>
>>18531387
good point, haven't thought about this yet! but since I got to them over another side which cataloges all the Blogs,Lables and Radiostations and from which one sends his tracks out. I would assume that that would not be the case, since nearly all of their artists are won over this "middle-man" site. I asked a few other musicians about this contract and will see if the consens is the same as here. its not like the song is that good anyway :D
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.