[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >european ancestors from the countryside >rich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Old-Books.jpg (211KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Books.jpg
211KB, 728x410px
>be me
>european ancestors from the countryside
>rich history
>find out about a book series about the history of the place
>look for them
>not sold in bookstores
>find out about the publishers
>contact them
>they are happy to give me copies for free
>they also have a donations system for their services in keeping all that information
>it's 3-4 books 500 pages each, hardcovers
>want to give a donation
>don't know how much

What do? Like $150?
I am a poorfag but this feels the right thing to do.
It's information that can't be found anywhere else and not valuable im money since the world doesn't really care about that small city.
>>
>>18531224
It is called donations for a reason. The best you can do is recommend the book to others and tell em where to find it. Others may give them the suggested DONATION.

Honestly there's no problem here and you shouldn't feel bad.
>>
>>18531241
It's just that I could easily give 20-50. But then I feel bad for maybe giving too low for a work like this.
I believe that there is no copyright or rights for the work because it is old too. Another reason why it might be free to people interested.
>>
Well obviously they're helping you with something very personally important, so yes, donate a fair amount.

If you're poor, obviously don't donate 150, but if it's no big deal then go ahead.
>>
this sounds like a local history team put this together, perhaps it was sponsored by the community or something?

in any case, it's a donation for a reason, so just make a gesture and that's that.
>>
>>18531307
The writers are all very old or not living anymore. The main writer passed away in the 80s.
>>
$150 sounds appropriate to me, but if you can't afford that, just donate what you can
>>
File: s1500325474803.jpg (96KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
s1500325474803.jpg
96KB, 640x768px
Thnx doggos.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.