[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coworkers who know less than me, but have better people skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1499442910334.jpg (125KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1499442910334.jpg
125KB, 1080x1349px
>coworkers who know less than me, but have better people skills are getting promoted over me
>one of them will be my new boss
how do i not resent these coworkers and those in charge who promoted them?

i can't even find a new job because I'm autismo and do poorly in interviews
>>
>>18531155
you've just answered your own question:
>develop better people skills.
>>
Worry about your own progress instead of others, it's all not that relative anyway.
>>
When you're in charge everyone comes to you about their problems with everything, including each other. If you don't have people skills you won't be able to resolve things. And then if you work with clients or customers, you'll be sent all the worst ones to deal with.

If you admit you have no people skills, then maybe you don't know more than your coworkers who are getting promoted. It's a literal skill that you need to have. Humble yourself, learn from the people who got promoted, and do better next time.
>>
>>18531155
Who is this titty monster and is there more of her?
>>
It's almost as if people skills are important and especially necessary for managing.
>>
>>18531155
I once had a boss like you. It was a mistake for the company to ever promote him. He was very skilled at his normal work, but a complete and utter disaster as a manager. Lots of people, including me, quit because of him, until the company realized their mistake.
>>
>>18531202

Cannot possibly stress this enough. I've been in leadership roles for about 3 years now (in charge of up to 20+ people at a time) and if you can't deal with people really fucking well, get the fuck out of management.

You can have all the job knowledge in the world and it doesn't make you worthy to be people's boss. It MIGHT make you a good trainer if you're also good at teaching. Otherwise it just makes you a good employee. And the best employee does NOT make the best boss.

You have to deal with people's bullshit on every possible level. You have to deal with people you like lying right to face, petty drama stuff that doesn't matter to anyone but the person complaining, people expecting you to know every possible thing, being willing to make decisions on your own, and deal with any consequences.
>>
>>18531179
but how?

>>18531184
i should, but it's hard

>>18531202
how do i get better people skills?
>maybe you don't know more than your coworkers
i definitely have more job specific knowledge. just not as much people skills

>>18531210
https://www.instagram.com/coral.sharon/?hl=en
>>
>>18531155
>i can't even find a new job because I'm autismo and do poorly in interviews

Well you were non-autismo enough to get the job you have currently, so it's not impossible for you to find another job.

>>18531179
also this

Unfortunately, autism is a big no-no for the majority of the world.
You're going to have to learn to be better at socializing. Practice makes perfect(or in this case, near perfect).
>>
>>18532155
>but how?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Speaking as a diagnosed Aspergers type, you treat it like study. Beyond mere books, there are actual courses you can go to; I went through one run by the Dale Carnegie Foundation when I was younger. It helped.

Between study and practice, you eventually can reach a point where others see you as really insightful and wise about social things; you get an "outsider's viewpoint" on social interactions, from which everything seems to become obvious.

Mind, it'll never be instinctual; the further into the autism spectrum you are, the harder you'll have to actually work at trying to understand. But that sort of work does pay off... and the more you actually interact with society, instead of hiding from it, the more opportunities you'll have to practice and improve yourself. The only question is whether or not you're willing to put in the effort.
>>
>>18531155
>working for a company
>actually being willing to spend 30 years sucking corporate cocks to retire making 75k per year with a shitty 401k
>>
File: 1472610147275.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472610147275.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>18531264
>>18531155
I have had similar roles in the past and agree 100%. I realized way too late that i'm simply not cut out for that sort of thing.

Know your limits, op.
>>
>>18531155
This will always be the case wherever you go.

Look on the bright side though. People just handed challenging jobs will either fail or use their connections to get a lazy job. If you dedicate yourself to a career and keep strong forward momentum you will always find an opening somewhere.
>>
For a lot of jobs, being able to work with other people is a lot more important than knowing your shit. Employers can train people up, but they can't train people to get along with other people. To the people who are promoting your coworkers, your coworker ARE the best person for the job, because they can do more than just sit in the corner and do the work.
>>
>>18531155
Managers' primary job is handling people, so they're probably a better fit than you.

Peter's Principle is an important concept for businesses and people to learn. Ask for a raise if you feel like you deserve it, or a promotion within your current job title, but don't jump ship to management if you know you'd be bad at it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.